Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Black Widow bows

Old 03-20-2005, 02:51 PM

Default Black Widow bows

I've been out of the traditional loop a couple of years and am wonder what your thoughts are on Black Widow. My last recurve was a Widow SIW that was still handmade. Now that they have changed there methods any thoughts? Better bows?
Old 03-20-2005, 07:51 PM

Default RE: Black Widow bows

i love black widows shoot very well and look good too,
Old 03-20-2005, 08:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good bows if you can afford them. The TD I want they're asking $880.00 for it. Ouch. I am now looking at a kit on building my own bow to my own specifications and hope to have it built by sept. Lot less than spending $880.00. Bobby
Old 03-20-2005, 10:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

They'se still excellent bows with outstanding performance, butter smooth draw and flawless fit and finish. But, like 121553 says, they're goshawful pricey. On the other hand, if you look at the prices for some of the top end compounds these days....
Old 03-21-2005, 05:34 AM
Typical Buck

Not just compounds Arthur, BW prices are comparable to many of the other top-end "traditional" bows today, & lots of others are making use of CNC machines. At a glance it does sound like alot of money, but if we compare to, say, a $400 MONTHLY truck payment (or just about anything else these days) it doesn't sound quite so out of kilter. Especially for something that our great-grandkid(s) will prolly be enjoying long after we're gone.

Black Widows are great bows & my choice of recurve, but they're not for everyone. If possible I'd suggest a 'test drive' of any bow before laying out ones hard earned money.
Old 03-21-2005, 06:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

At a glance it does sound like alot of money, but if we compare to, say, a $400 MONTHLY truck payment (or just about anything else these days) it doesn't sound quite so out of kilter. Especially for something that our great-grandkid(s) will prolly be enjoying long after we're gone.
True enough, arrowsmit, but if I bought myself a $900 bow, I'd also be paying those $400 a month payments. 'DA BOSS' would insist on buying herself a new car.[8D]

But if I was single...
Old 03-21-2005, 08:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Anyone ever shoot one of the BW Longbows?
Old 03-21-2005, 03:13 PM
Typical Buck

I've owned a couple of the LAG's, nice enuff but they weren't my cup of tea. The newer PL series longbowis a whole nuther thing & IMO Black Widow has a real winner here. Awesome!
Old 03-22-2005, 08:18 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

The CNC risers should make them more consistent from bow to bow. One bowyer I talked to would love to have one because it would save him gobs of time and labor.

I'm not much of a recurve shooter and not nearly as picky with those as I am longbows, but I can say the BW recurves I've shot drew well and had good performance. I haven't shot the new longbow, but I will sooner or later. I didn't care for the old one, and have heard very mixed reviews on the new one, from people I trust. Hopefully I'll get a chance to get my hands on one this summer and see for myself.

Regardless of what bow you choose, try to shoot a few first before you decide. There are several big shoots going on this summer, with lots of bows available to try.

Chad
Old 03-26-2005, 10:09 AM

Go to their sight and check out the "TEST DRIVE" info.You can test a few out to find the exact one you like.

PETE

Quick Reply: Black Widow bows

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.