HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Traditional Archery (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/traditional-archery-19/)
-   -   which glove/tab and why (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/traditional-archery/89064-glove-tab-why.html)

cdi3d 02-02-2005 09:17 PM

which glove/tab and why

About time to start looking for a new glove - Been shooting an American Leathers Big Shot glove for 2 years now - really impressed with the wear I have gotten out of it - The nylon webbing wears like iron shot after shot. Only problem is you dont get a real good feel on the string but to the nylon - Chad I know you shot this glove for a while - Are you still using it? Just wondering if I should stick with it or if someone has found something better - I shoot 3 fingers under if that matters -

On another note - I have been shooting my longbow for about 1 year now and have noticed with the 3 fingers under that my anchor point is higher than when I shot split finger - I like to bring the arrow right under my eye and if I do that shooting 3 under I feel the corner of my mouth is to low -Have been using my cheek bone for a while but don't feel it is as clean as it could be - Anyone else have this problem with 3 under?

Thanks guys!
Mike

FLHunter 02-03-2005 10:49 AM

RE: which glove/tab and why

Personally I don't like a glove, the leather tends to bunchup on the fingers for me after while. So I found a compromise with the Super Archery Mitt which is has the advantages of both a glove and a tab. It has loops to go over the fingers so the tab moves out of the way with your fingers when the release occurs. It also has a lanyard that goes around your wrist to help keep it in place when not shooting.

kevin1 02-03-2005 01:51 PM

I use a crappy deerskin Allen three finger glove from Wally World ,
it's cheap enough to replace when needed and works well for me . :D

Deleted User 02-04-2005 06:45 PM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

LBR 02-05-2005 08:36 AM

I liked the Slick Shot just fine, but I've gone back to my ABS Super Glove. The catch is I won't buy one through the mail--I get them at a shoot where I can try them on until I find the one that fits just right. When it's new, I get the one that is so tight I can barely get my fingers in it; when it gets broken in it's just right. These do take some breaking in, but after that I really like them. The codovan fingertip overlays seem to just get slicker with use.

I've never even tried to shoot my longbow 3-under. I anchor with my first finger on a tooth, middle finger in the corner of my mouth, thumb against my cheek--works pretty good for me.

Chad

kevin1 02-05-2005 01:34 PM

You guys are so high tech ... ;)

I kept it simple because I'm still very well within the learning curve , and hopefully always will be . My consistancy could use some work (*cough* *practice* *cough*:eek: ) , but other than that I'm pretty content with my shooting . I would have no qualms about mounting a stand and pointing it at a deer for a shot , nearly all of my first shots hit within 4" of where I aim regardless of range , I can live with that . Apparently , Mr. Ferguson's book left an impression ... Thanks Arthur and JimPic for the review and the advice , it really helped cement several decisions I made that will have very long term impact for me . I'm now having the ability to complain about the rising cost of 3-D cores , and I have you two to blame for that ... ;)