Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 Newest & Most Dangerous Threat To Bowhunting >

Newest & Most Dangerous Threat To Bowhunting

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Newest & Most Dangerous Threat To Bowhunting

Old 10-23-2008, 08:44 PM
Spike

Default RE: Newest & Most Dangerous Threat To Bowhunting

The threat is real! We are being attacked on all fronts, Bow, gun, spear and slingshot! I'm not kidding Try walking on a WLMA with a 6 or 7 foot spear and see what happens! "You can't hunt with that, we have no regulations for it, but you can't hunt with it here."
Old 12-04-2008, 06:05 PM
PJS

IN WI the greatest threat to bowhunting is our own DNR in conjunction with ignorant hunters that shoot all the does they can... No need for antihunters when the herd will be extinct!
Old 02-11-2009, 11:42 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: kevin1

Do any of you realistically see your state's F&G dept. giving up bow hunting revenue or any facet of their ability to manage the herd ?

HSUS may be well funded and organized , but that doesn't mean that they will be unbeatable . They lose court challenges more often than they win in cases where they try to stop hunts , and spend ridiculous amounts of money each time . Let 'em pop off , they'll just waste even more money .
Here in Texas, some of the state parks use bow hunters to thin their herds. Also, bow hunters are called on to thin the herds in residential areas, like the burbs. It will never fly in Texas.
Old 05-17-2009, 09:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: kevin1

Do any of you realistically see your state's F&G dept. giving up bow hunting revenue or any facet of their ability to manage the herd ?

HSUS may be well funded and organized , but that doesn't mean that they will be unbeatable . They lose court challenges more often than they win in cases where they try to stop hunts , and spend ridiculous amounts of money each time . Let 'em pop off , they'll just waste even more money .
Even with California the way it is...I don't see bowhunting dissapearing anytime soon...California DFG is in dire straits for money, and money from tags...so I really doubt it here...I say the same, let'em pop off and waste their time and resourses.
Old 11-11-2009, 07:04 PM
Spike

Default What a joke

I am lucky enough to live in New Zealand, Where we can hunt all year round. We do not have the choice of game like the states etc. But I bow hunt, and in my experience when I shoot an animal with my bow it takes less time to drop and die than the guys with guns that I hunt with. How can a gun be more human in this case?
Old 03-05-2010, 12:26 PM
Spike

We cant take our hunting rights for granted any longer....there are folks that have a twisted veiw of man and animals relationships. It is law abiding hunters that have kept different species holding on [with Game management] , and not the Animal Rights Organizations.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:40 PM
Spike

You cant take your hunting rights for granted any longer......look at our rights that's been violated by the leftist politicians and activist.
I dont take none of my Constitutional rights for granted anymore.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:37 PM
Spike

P.E.T.A. = people eating tasty animals
Old 09-08-2012, 01:27 PM
Spike

Money talks, and none of the tree huggers put a dime into state coffers. IIRC archery tags are an additional expense OVER the cost of the general hunting license in many states (and bonus tags, etc.). I'd venture to guess that many of those taggers only bowhunt. no taggers, no income at all from that group. No state is that willing to throw away money in this day and age. At least I hope so.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:30 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Bross
We lost the spring bear hunt here in Ontario a couple years ago. They certainly had a part in that. We also have some high population regions in southern Ontario, and I certainly hope that our ministry of Natural resources defends bowhunting if the humane society starts putting pressure up here.
I'd like to take humane society folks for a tour of and abatoir, and then ask them which practice, bowhunting or an abattoir, shows more respect for the animal.
HSUS give a crap about animals? Really? Pretty much like PETA does. Both organizations con weak, stupid minded people out of their money, of which very, very, very little of those dollars go towards "helping" any animals. Terrorist, plain and simple.

Quick Reply: Newest & Most Dangerous Threat To Bowhunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.