HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Traditional Archery (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/traditional-archery-19/)
-   -   Newest & Most Dangerous Threat To Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/traditional-archery/84620-newest-most-dangerous-threat-bowhunting.html)

mhogan 10-20-2005 08:30 PM

RE: Newest & Most Dangerous Threat To Bowhunting

Let us hear your take on it!

heeze gutshot shortee 09-07-2006 11:53 AM

very important info many thanks

burniegoeasily 12-11-2006 01:48 PM

ORIGINAL: kevin1

Do any of you realistically see your state's F&G dept. giving up bow hunting revenue ?

I was thinking the very same thing. The Almighty dollar usually trumps most chest beating. I just hope we (hunters) do not get complacentbecause ofthis notion.

deerslayer32 12-24-2006 08:17 PM

i wish i could be at that meeting its is a scary thaught

furgitter 12-31-2006 05:35 PM

There is no moneymaker like a non-profit org. They dont want us gone,they just have to make it look like an effort to do so to keep the money flowing.They have to score a hit every now and then,but it wont be bow hunting.Probobly something like domestic dog and cat fur market in europe or something.

WolfWithBow 07-17-2007 05:49 PM

Who ever goes against hunters in general are a bunch of treehuggers who got knocked in the head, they are blinded..... not following natures rules.

burniegoeasily 08-18-2007 11:20 AM

ORIGINAL: kevin1

Do any of you realistically see your state's F&G dept. giving up bow hunting revenue or any facet of their ability to manage the herd ?

HSUS may be well funded and organized , but that doesn't mean that they will be unbeatable . They lose court challenges more often than they win in cases where they try to stop hunts , and spend ridiculous amounts of money each time . Let 'em pop off , they'll just waste even more money .
I feel the same way, but ive seen crazier things. Its hard to imagine in Texas, since its the bow hunters that are called upon to help thin the herds in the over populated state parks.

SHOTARYE 02-26-2008 05:19 PM

Hi Rost495! New guy here. Just wanted to find out about the comment concerning Ruger?

SHOTARYE 02-26-2008 05:33 PM

I think we all need to be vigilant concerning our sport. Whether its bows or guns, we never want the anti-hunting organizations toget a foot in the door. I'm not sure if any of you have seen the latestannouncementout of England or not, butNOW they are banning samauri swords! First they took their guns, and now they are after something else. See guys!it starts somewhere (GUNS) and who knows where it ends.I understand that we are not out there hunting with a sword,(I'mnot THAT good!)but my point is that it starts with something, and we TRULY need to be aware of what is going on. I think the one thing that is most important at this time, is choosing our political canidateswisely.

cr422 04-30-2008 07:03 AM

Complacency is dangerous. There's a gal from Scotland who posts here fairly frequently. She says bowhunting is illegal there because they believe it's cruel. It could happen here.