Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Deepest apolagy's

Old 12-12-2004, 12:22 AM

Default RE: Deepest apolagy's

They never let ya down. I have a new Attila on the way as we speak to try out.[8D]
Old 12-12-2004, 12:29 AM
Typical Buck

Even with all this crap going on ( MERRY CHRISTMAS ) by the way I can't wait to shoot my falcon. Thank for the support on the tradgang, I wish they would have let me in on all this befor they screwed me. I am damn sure checking every post I make from now on so this don't happen again.
Old 12-12-2004, 12:39 AM

For real don't sweat it. Oct. 25 page 5 stalking tips from too short was the thread title and it is still there with the pic and all. They dropped the ball and you are getting the penalty. It happens now and then. Everyone posting and moderating is just human there will be screwups all the time. On both sides. You will like your falcon ( when ya get it LOL )
Old 12-12-2004, 12:42 AM
Typical Buck

I am going to sodamize a grizzly with it and have someone post a pic on tradgang for me HEHElol
Old 12-12-2004, 12:43 AM
Typical Buck

I shouldn't talk like that One to many beers tonight, Alaskan amber al MMMMMMm.
Old 12-12-2004, 07:23 AM

For what it's worth Rich, I saw your original post WITH compound- thought to myself-"That post aint gonna last." And it didn't.

I feel Tradgang's admin overreacted- had they done their homework BEFORE they banned you this whole matter could have been resolved amicably.

They have now painted themselves into a corner, and can't back down for fear of losing face.

We can ALL take umbrage from the following quote by Mark Twain: "Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't have time to make them yourself."

Jakes.
Old 12-12-2004, 07:41 AM

In response to what Kip said about having his thread pulled- a similar thig happened to me. A friend in South Africa wants to market his game farm in the US, and would like to know what US hunters expect from a hunt in Africa. I posted a thread to this effect, and had it pulled within 24 hours for being commercial. OK, fair enough. There is a commercial element to that- but I sure wasn't going to make a bean out of it, and there was NO free advertising in my post- no names or numbers given.

What cheeses me off was that a day later another post appeared advertising paid hunting in South Africa, not only did the mods allow it to stay, some actually replied to it.

So, yeah, Tradgang is a great resource, and there are some really great people posting there. But they do have double standards- you'll just have to deal with it.

Anyway Rich, hope we don't lose you. Look at the bright side- trad bows are cheap, and don't many accessories- you'll be able to buy MANY bows now.
Old 12-12-2004, 08:41 AM

Trad Gang is a Trad only forum and they're very picky about it. Their perrogative to do so I guess.

There is a sense of elitism in trad hunting. I've struggled with shooting longbows and recurves for 3 years now. I actually went back to compound 6 weeks ago on a KS hunt because I lost faith in my ability to shoot accurately. I made a post on the Tradgang about it and they allowed it, encouraged me, never talked about thread deletion or anything.

I didn't read any threads on your big cougar so I don't know what was said, what wasn't etc. It appears they saw your posts as a traditional kill and when they found out it wasn't, you were banned for lying.

Saddest thing ? Anyone reading about this after the fact sees you as a bit deceitful in your hunting practices, not knowing anyting other than whats been posted on the Tradgang and here.
Old 12-12-2004, 11:49 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Jakes Cronje

For what it's worth Rich, I saw your original post WITH compound- thought to myself-"That post aint gonna last." And it didn't.

I feel Tradgang's admin overreacted- had they done their homework BEFORE they banned you this whole matter could have been resolved amicably.

They have now painted themselves into a corner, and can't back down for fear of losing face.

We can ALL take umbrage from the following quote by Mark Twain: "Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't have time to make them yourself."

Jakes.

The fact is if they admit they trashed me and told the truth they would have to ban them selfes especialy Nubo. That guy started all of this. All any of them had to do is send me a PM.
Old 12-12-2004, 03:30 PM
COB

Rich first let me post congrats on your cat! Second let me tell the comments I will make are from a fellow Trad Ganger who has been "banned" and should not to be taken personal. If you tried to deceive or not seems to be a mute point. The "preception" is there that you did and TG took it personal! Perception is every thing as I found out when I made comments about one of the personell over there. Comments were not made in public but in email exchanged about a laser sight I tried to sell on the Trad Blanket. I was wrong to amke the comments and got the boot. I'm good at leting my mouth over load my @$$. Any way we both have to be man enough to admit we did wrong and take our lumps. I did. I have apologized but the apology has fallen on deaf ears so far. So be it. I will survive. You at least have a nice big cat to show for your banning. I have nothing but good memories from TG. With any weaknesses it might have it is a good site. Best of luck to you in your hunting no matter what you have in your hand. I have said it before and will continue to say it is not the equipment in the hunters hand but what is in his heart that makes him a eithical hunter.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.