Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Deepest apolagy's

Old 12-12-2004, 03:59 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Deepest apolagy's

Cob, I have admited It was not trad killed . the thing that steams me Is they publicaly hung me without even so much as a e-mail asking the very question they hung me for. I am not ashamed in any way shap or form of how the cat was killed and would have set the record straight. The truth is I didn't go back and read the following post's I was never pm'd and asked the question. And then I was called a deciever and a lier. That is what makes me mad. They can ban me for posting a wheel bow pic But don't make up **** for affect. I never decieved anybody over there. I told on every thread prior to this one I killed it with a Compound.
Old 12-12-2004, 07:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

wow, didnt see this till just now.

Congrats on the cat!!!

Arthur,

What Ted did was not only a lie and deciet full. It was also quite ILLEGAL! Nothing short of poaching! He deserved to be banned for it.
Old 12-13-2004, 07:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

No argument there, Lilhunter. My point was not so much about Ted as about the raw wound his escapade has left on the traditional community. Rich seems to have gotten caught up in some kind of 'zero tolerance' kneejerk reaction. When emotions get the upper hand over intellect, stuff like this happens.[&o]
Old 12-13-2004, 11:36 AM
Dominant Buck

Groucho Marx said it best:

"I wouldn't belong to any club that wouldn't have me as a member."

Trad Gang's loss if you ask me . They shouldn't have banned you for a simple mistake , especially without a warning . I thought about signing up there , maybe not .
Old 12-13-2004, 12:50 PM

Actually, what Groucho Marx said was "I do not wish to belong to any club that will accept me as a member."
Old 12-13-2004, 05:42 PM
COB

Rich I see you were allowed to post an apology. Dose that mean you arre not banned?
Old 12-13-2004, 07:12 PM
Typical Buck

Yes they reserch a little more and saw that i did indead post many times about takeing the cat with a compound. I guess it really isnt there fault. I was guilty of posting a non trad kill The way it went down was just ugly insted of e-mailing asking for clarification they just railroaded me. its a big site and they got a hard job. Maybe the next time this happens to a nubee they may look into it a little more. I am glad this aint the old west. I learned a lot out of this to I need to follow up on threads and read the posts. I need to follow the rules to the letter. And Never jump to conclutions with out proof. I feel sorry I got so mad at the mods as they were kinda clueless about the other posts. I took it for granted that everybody new it was a wheel bow kill( BIG MISTAKE) Hey I learned alot about bragging to . ( Dont) this reminds me of the rompala buck. the guy shoots a truly huge Deer everybody goes out to discredit him so he pulls it out of the public light and never registered it so now every one say's see I told you it was fake But it's not. Jelousy is deadly trophy animals spark this. I am not saying I am the greatest hunter But i GOT DARN LUCKY Sadly this has probley turned into a almost unsalvageable relationship there I hope it will be well recieved as I truly didn't intend for it to be taken the way it was.
Old 12-13-2004, 07:25 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Good deal Rich--glad that mess is squared away. Like I said, I know some of those guys and of those I know most are good guys. I still wish they would get on an even keel with the rule enforcement but, it's not my call so I'll just fuss in the background.

Chad
Old 12-13-2004, 10:20 PM
Typical Buck

I think after this go around they will tighten up a bit and maybe not reacted so fast and find out more before they do. I still cant believe all that happened. Glad its over
Old 12-14-2004, 04:34 PM

Rich,
First of all I want to say congrats on the cat. I personally don't hunt cats but that’s not what’s in question here, is it?

Second, life is too short to sweat the small stuff. If you had your picture in a traditional magazine and were holding a longbow when you used a compound to kill the cat - THEN I'd be PO'd - but you didn't. Its kinda hard for any Moderator (or Member) to prove 'intent' as I see it. I may be wrong, and I'm sure others may not agree with me, but...

Third, having hunted and shot all kinds of bows and currently hunting with only traditional gear - I do understand and am sympathetic about modern gear vs. traditional gear. I can see both sides of the coin. Traditional archers take great pride in the fact that we CHOOSE to hunt with a stickbow w/o the proliferation of sights, rests, do-dads of all imaginable types, etc. However, I'm not ready nor feel any of us are in a true position to crucify you for your mistake.

Live and learn. All the Moderators needed to do was to move the thread to another area if they were concerned with the misplacement of its nature...

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone" is my motto...

Lets move on & Happy Holidays!