Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 tall enough ground blind >

tall enough ground blind

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

tall enough ground blind

Old 12-07-2004, 12:12 PM

Default tall enough ground blind

Anyone out there have a ground blind that is tall/big enough to shoot a longbow or recurve in with cammo screen shoot thru windows? I can't seem to locate one. Thanks!
Old 12-07-2004, 12:31 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: tall enough ground blind

Ameristep Penthouse blind. Probably not the quality that a Double Bull is, but I have no complaints with mine. Less than 1/2 the price too. I am 6'2" or 6'3", and can shoot my 66" longbow from mine with my son in the blind with me (he's 5' tall). You are limited some, but so far I really like mine. No shots at a deer from it yet, but I have shot one rabbit and missed two others. It seems to throw my depth perception off just a bit shooting through the netting--wouldn't hurt to practice a few shots. The netting didn't seem to have any affect on my broadheads or an Ace blunt I shot through it, although the blunt left a bit of a ragged hole.

Double Bull has come out with a new model that seems to be better for trad shooters, but I haven't seen one yet. Don't recall the model either--sorry.

Chad
Old 12-08-2004, 02:36 PM

Default RE: tall enough ground blind

Thanks LBR. I checked both of those out and the Ameristep will be my next purchase (or maybe I will have Santa bring it!)