Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 Any more tips for silencing my Hunter II >

Any more tips for silencing my Hunter II

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Any more tips for silencing my Hunter II

Old 11-12-2004, 06:19 PM
Fork Horn

Default Any more tips for silencing my Hunter II

Alright, I can't seem to get this badboy quiet. I've got the beaver fur silencers in place, my brace height set at 8 1/4" and it's still noisey.

My silencers are set about 1/4 of the way from the limb ends. Any thoughts??
Old 11-12-2004, 07:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Any more tips for silencing my Hunter II

what are you shooting for arrows. That brace sounds pretty dog gone high. Also what are you using for string material and how many strands?
Old 11-12-2004, 08:48 PM
Typical Buck

I went to the woolie whispers or whatever they are called and they were a marked improvement over the beaver, which I ended up putting on my Don Brown longbow. When I went to heavier arrows, that helped to absorb a lot of the excess noise making vibrations.

Cat whiskers cut in half and placing them at the 1/3 and 1/4 sections of the string will really help to silence it. However, if you're shooting an ultra lite arrow, that will drive the noise level up.
Old 11-12-2004, 08:50 PM
Fork Horn

the sims limbsaver actaully do help cut down on a lot of that extra energy. Sounds to me like your shooting some light arrows
Old 11-13-2004, 10:44 AM
Fork Horn

Well, I'm shooting 2018s cut to 28 /12" with 125 grain heads. I'm switching to 150 gr heads as soon as they arrive. My Hunter II is 55#@27".
Old 11-13-2004, 10:14 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

I've known of them liking anywhere from 7.5" to 8.5" for a brace height--think I have my Hunter I at around 8". You might try a small set of silencers at the 1/3 and 1/4 points. Tinker with the silencer placement--sometimes an inch up or down can make a world of difference. Also, what kind of arrow flight are you getting? If the arrow spine is off, it can increase bow noise. Not sure what a 2018 weighs, but a light arrow will also increase bow noise.

Chad
Old 11-13-2004, 11:49 PM
Fork Horn

Maybe it's time to get some Grizzly Sticks.
Old 11-21-2004, 11:57 AM

When I first got my H2, I was having trouble getting it as quiet as I like also. With a BH of 8.25, cat whiskers at the 1/3 points and wool yarn serving where the string makes contact with the limb, my bow is whisper quiet. It has been my experience with my CM's (falcon special, hunter 2, falcon, atilla and firbird) that they seem to be quite sensitive to string slap. Take care of that, and i think you will be well satisfied, I know I am. I have been told by more than a few people how quiet my bows are. Good luck.

KPC
Old 11-21-2004, 02:57 PM
Typical Buck

GEREP, sent you a pm
Old 11-21-2004, 04:22 PM
Fork Horn

I'll give that a try. I had added a second set of beaver fur silencers, one set at the 1/4 point and one set at the 1/3 point without any real change.

Quick Reply: Any more tips for silencing my Hunter II

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.