Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Thanks all !

Old 06-29-2004, 10:43 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Thanks all !

I recently got my new PSE Kudu takedown recurve from Cabela's , and I am loving it . ArthurP and Jimpok were particularly helpful , but all helped some in my learning process The 40# Shakespeare Wonderbow that I had been using was nice , but nowhere near as nice as this bow . Talk about smoothness and cast !

The Kudu has 50# limbs , a 5" NAP Shock Blocker stabilizer , SVL limb dampeners , and SVL String Leeches . Notice that I didn't say anything about sights . I also made sure to invest in some good quality shafts with 5" feathers , and they work great . I'm still a little wide past 10-15 yards , but I'm getting better every week . Hopefully I'll feel confident enough to hunt with it this Fall , but definitely next Fall if not .

This past weekend at the Gathering that Sunset put on in Sidney , Ohio I got the rare priveledge of shooting with probably the most acomplished trad shooter that I've ever met . He's a friend of Deadshot's named Moses , has been a winning competition shooter , and was one damned fine shot . He took me 2-1 at 15 yards without even thinking about it , but was gracious enough to compliment my shooting and give me some very valuable tips . I learned a lot in that short time I spent with him .

Once again thanks one and all , you've made the learning fun . Maybe I'll see some of you at Cloverdale next year , it's not that far from where I live .
Old 07-02-2004, 05:10 AM

Default RE: Thanks all !

Good luck! Make sure you learn to tell if the spine is right for your bow with the arrows. If they are wrong, you'll not get good flight or then accuracy.