Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Nice story JRW!!!

Old 05-08-2004, 10:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Nice story JRW!!!

This is probably old news for all you guys , but I just read a great hunting story in Traditional Bowhunter Magazine. It wasn't until I got to the page with the picture of the hunter and his buck that I realised...Hey I know that face. It was our own JRW!!

Great story man! Awesome buck!
Old 05-09-2004, 09:45 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Nice story JRW!!!

The archer formerly known as JRW (he goes by some weird symbol now--looks like a big set of eyes, with eyeshadow on the lids about the same color as this guy [&:]) is a man of many talents. He can kill a monster squirrel or monster buck, tell you how to make cheap squirrel arrows, tell you how to make a bow or arrow rack from salvaged deer parts, and even tell you where you can stick the whole mess when you get done.

Congrats Jason--looks like you are now considered a "regular contributor"--not an easy task for sure!

Chad
Old 05-10-2004, 10:04 AM
JRW
Nontypical Buck

BOWFANATIC,

Thanks for the kind words. It sure beats dealing with hecklers. Which brings me to...

-----------------

LBR,

Now let's not start talking about hunting attire...Mr. Chiquita Banana. I'm still not convinced you actually shot that deer. It looked like it died with a big smile on its face...laughing right up to the end.
Old 05-10-2004, 01:10 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Hey--there was nobody in the immediate area (Tom was about 200 yds away and his veiw was blocked by trees)--I was there, I had a dead deer when Tom got there.........and it had a hole in it. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.[8D]

Chad
Old 05-10-2004, 04:29 PM
Kip
Fork Horn

Mr. Chiquita Banana. LMAO. Wonder where that came from. [8D][8D]
Old 05-11-2004, 11:23 AM

Jason,

Nice bowfishing story in the latest issue. I was going to see if I could talk you into taking me, and that looks like a good spot. I'd buy ya lunch, I also now have a Chek Mate Hunter II take down. Traded the K-Zoo longbow for it. Nice shooting little rig, #45 @ 28" and 58". I will shoot you an e-mail when I get home and maybe we can hookup for some carp shootin. Still trying to talk my wife into letting me go to the Compton shoot. Bad thing is that's the weekend of our anniversary. We'll see what happens.
Old 05-11-2004, 12:39 PM
JRW
Nontypical Buck

Shane,

You're always welcome. If the weather's good this weekend, I was thinking about getting you and Jon Simoneau up here. But we've got a lot of rain in the forecast and the river's on the rise.

We'll have to see what happens, but the action's starting to heat up quite a bit. Do you have a bowfishing rig yet?
Old 05-11-2004, 12:48 PM

Jason,

That would be fun, and no I don't have a rig yet. Would it be possible to strap something on the Chek Mate? I could probably make it that way this weekend either day also. Let me know...

Shane

I just talked with Jeff, the guy that owns the shop in Rockford and he says he has something that would probably work I just need to swing buy his shop and check it out....Keep me posted
Old 05-11-2004, 01:00 PM
JRW
Nontypical Buck

Shane,

To mount bowfishing accessories onto bows without bushings, I like to use pieces of rubber--bicycle inner tubes--and black electric tape. By making a gasket out of rubber, and then securing your reel to the bow with tape, it makes for a solid mount without any marring. If you look at the pictures in the article, that's how I mounted my Retriever reel to a 40+-year old bow.

The Rockford Gander Mountain should have Retreiver reels, arrows, Safety Slides, and line (the one by my house does). You can always get the equipment, and we can put it together at my house.
Old 05-11-2004, 01:09 PM

Jason

The Gander in Rockford SUCKS. They have nowhere near the equipment that the one by fox valley does. I'll see what Jeff has, what day would you want to do this?

Quick Reply: Nice story JRW!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.