Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Quiver preference

Old 12-10-2003, 10:16 PM
Fork Horn

Default Quiver preference

What type of quivers does everyone prefer, bow quivers or back/side quivers??

Since I ordered the new bow, I'm looking for a new quiver to put on my Christmas wish list.
Old 12-10-2003, 10:34 PM

Default RE: Quiver preference

I've used The Great Northern Longbow Company quiver for many years.
Comes in recurve and longbow models, strap-on type uses rubber strapping.
Lightweight, quiet, nice leather stitched head, uses rubber to secure heads.
Secures to bow very tightly, holds 5 arrows very securely, regardless of shaft size.
Old 12-10-2003, 10:37 PM
Fork Horn

Does the bow quiver have any noticable effect on the bow performance??
Old 12-10-2003, 10:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use the GN quiver,also.Mine is the adjustable model so I swap between my recurves and longbows.Works very well on all of them.This year,though,I borrowed my bro's cat-quiver and was really impressed with it-so much that I will have one for next season.
Old 12-10-2003, 10:54 PM

ORIGINAL: dathein

Does the bow quiver have any noticable effect on the bow performance??
No, there's no effect on the bow's performance. In fact, I've always preferred a quiver mounted on my recurve. Seems to give a more balanced feel for me, although everyone has their own 'feel' for things, I guess.
Old 12-11-2003, 06:41 AM

First idea to consider is the quiver being used for target or hunting. I fine that side quiver for target, 3D and like the Cat Quiver for hunting. Cat Quiver allows me to have supplies plus my arrows all in on. No need to have back pack sinch Cat Quiver is both. Cat Quive also protects feathers if bad weather is at hand. Cat Quiver come in diffrent sizes. Bow quivers to me seem to always be in my way when shooting and also seem to offset the balance of bow when shooting, but some like bow quivers over all others.
Old 12-11-2003, 07:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

Side and back quivers for me. I've always loved the IDEA of bow quivers, but hated to use them. They throw the bow way out of balance for me. However, I handled a friend's bow with one of the GN quivers a few days ago and it wasn't bad.

Anybody used the Thunderhorn Boa? It's got the strap-on system and is very similar to GN's. The local shop's got 'em in stock. Might have to put it on my Santa list if they're worth a flip. Who knows. Might wind up finally liking a bow quiver.[&:]
Old 12-11-2003, 09:34 AM

Right now I am looking at the Black Widow option for just a 2 arrow quiver that is Strapped on.
A back quiver is not out of the question at all. I have not many oportunities around here for testing or even purchase of gear for Trad hunting.
Interested to hear the feedback though.
Old 12-11-2003, 01:39 PM
Fork Horn

here's my home built one (FWIW )

The rest of the sticks go either into a regular back quiver or, my preference lately, a small hip quiver that I put a strap on and carry over the shoulder.

RC
Old 12-11-2003, 02:47 PM
Typical Buck

I like them both. I use a bowquiver full of broadhead tipped arrows on my longbow and carry a backquiver full of stumpin arrows at the same time.

Quick Reply: Quiver preference

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.