Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
Bear Grizzly  60# pound disappointment >

Bear Grizzly 60# pound disappointment

Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Bear Grizzly 60# pound disappointment

Old 08-07-2018, 07:16 AM
Spike

Question Bear Grizzly 60# pound disappointment

I bought a brand new Bear Grizzly 60# pound recurve in 2014, I had a very hard time to draw that bow, I thought I was not strong enough to draw a 60 pound recurve, but it did not make sense though because I was using a 55# pound recurve on a regular basis,so I lifted weights to strengthen my back but I was still unable to use the bow very much at all, the bow collected dust until a month ago when a friend tested the draw weight of the bow, it took 72 pounds to draw that bow 28 inches, Has anyone else ever shared a similar problem ?
Old 08-07-2018, 07:48 AM
Fork Horn

I would call Customer service. Someone obvously made the tapered laminates too thick

Bear Archery
817 Maxwell Avenue
Evansville, IN 47711
Phone: 812-467-1200
Fax: 812-467-1300
Old 08-07-2018, 01:41 PM
Spike

Thanks, but they told me that such things are caught before they leave the factory, they did not ask me to send the bow back to them they were simply not interested , I told them that I own 3 Bear recurves and that I will not buy a fourth.
Old 08-07-2018, 02:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

If you don't give them a chance to make it right it is your fault. No one is perfect not even you. Yea it is a PITA to send it back, however if they send you a new bow isn't it worth it?
Old 08-08-2018, 01:46 AM
Spike

Yes if they send me a new bow it would be worth it so I took your advice and I sent them another email, but I am not going to hold my breath.
Old 08-08-2018, 03:45 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by cliffbrown
Yes if they send me a new bow it would be worth it so I took your advice and I sent them another email, but I am not going to hold my breath.
Emails won't get much attention. Call them back and be more assertive. Call the dealer, ask them to get involved or send you another bow. Call Escalade, Inc. the corporate owner of Bear Archery ((812) 467-4449), ask for the CEO and go from there.

Work as hard at getting the bow replaced as you would scouting for that big 'un.
Old 08-08-2018, 05:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

OK have to ask, but if you add a SLIGHTLY longer string, will that NOT drop down the poundage on these bows?
I am not that knowledgeable on recurve's, but maybe they just installed a wrong string on it when sending it out to you!
and I fully agree, you need to TRY and explain things better to them, be CALM< being upset gets you NO where at first
the biggest issue here I think is going to be its a 4 yr old bow your asking for a NEW one , as WHY did it take this long for you to discover, if going to be there view, and you need to have a GOOD answer for it
I would be POSITIVE< based on experiences with this company, that had this been discovered as soon as you got it, they would NOT have second guessed correcting it
but the 4 yrs since you got it, is what is the trouble here!

being a loyal customer and all, sounds good, but also works against you, as if your a experience recurve owner, again WHY so long to notice that its NOT hwat you paid for?
your NOT new to the game, if you follow!
at some point we all need to assume some responsibility for our own mistakes too
this is maybe a way to just vent here, more than really expecting a NEW bow?
just saying!
Old 08-08-2018, 10:43 AM
Spike

Thanks for the advice everyone I received an email from Bear archery this morning, they told me to send my 60# recurve back to them and they will take a look at it, it can't hurt to try. good hunting.
Old 08-08-2018, 11:41 AM
Boone & Crockett

Good luck, my guess is you will receive a new Bow.
Old 08-23-2018, 05:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

Hey Cliff, what happened??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.