Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
Who will be hunting Traditional this year? >

Who will be hunting Traditional this year?

Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Who will be hunting Traditional this year?

Old 09-27-2015, 05:13 AM
Super Moderator

Default Who will be hunting Traditional this year?

Hey guys, after practicing for about the last two years I'm ready to give traditional a try. Hoping to get within 15 yards of a nice, calm whitetail. Anyone else using a traditional bow this season? I'll also be using a crossbow and compound occasionally. But the goal is to stick one with the recurve.
-Jake
Old 09-28-2015, 03:31 PM
Spike

only use a recurve for my archery hunting
Old 09-30-2015, 06:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

I Double Bull blind for one stand so I have enough room for my trad and my compound. If I see a nice buck out of trad range I will grab my Bowtech. At my ranch we don't have a big deer population so I don't can't afford to let one walk away. My other two stands are not where I can get a good shot with my traditional bow so I will be hunting with my compound, just depends on the kind shot I'm presented with. I do have a gun blind but that is reserved strictly for hogs, too far for bows, I have a feeder with lights for night hunting 125 yards away, may be why the deer population is so scarce, we are over ran with hogs and that's okay because those darn hogs are deeelicious.
Old 09-30-2015, 08:05 PM
Fork Horn

Always traditional all the time.
Old 10-01-2015, 07:00 AM
Super Moderator

Rev, although I don't want the damage the hogs bring with them, I wish I had some local hogs to hunt. I'm with you though, what I'm using depends on where I'm hunting.
-Jake
Old 10-01-2015, 06:23 PM
Spike

Traditional only. A bear KMagnum with traditional carbon arrows from 3 Rivers Archery.
Old 10-02-2015, 06:41 AM
Super Moderator

Hey Joe, welcome to the site. Stick around and have some fun. Good group of members here.
-Jake
Old 10-02-2015, 06:43 AM
Super Moderator

Do any of you still hunt with you traditional bows or just stand hunt? On rainy days I like to still hunt. I shot an 8 point this way with a crossbow about 8 or 10 year ago. But haven't had that luck since. But I still go out and try when I can. It's quiet to walk because everything is wet. So I'll take a step and glass, take a step and glass. If you can see them before they see you and manage to get close enough it can work. Anyone else use this method any? That's how I'm hoping to get one with the recurve.
-Jake
Old 10-03-2015, 09:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Man I'm 50 years old and hunt the mountains so I'm either in a comfy blind or in a stand close to a corn pile lol... But I usually hunt with my trad gear till around early end of October than its crossbow baby!!!
Old 01-03-2016, 03:44 AM
Super Moderator

Got out a few times with the recurve. including some fun still hunts. But now it's time to start practicing for next year again. I'd like to extend my range with the recurve. How far are some of you shooting with traditional bows? I practice to 15 yards currently but would be nice to extend that to 25...
-Jake

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.