Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

I missed!!!!!!

Old 10-15-2003, 06:48 PM
Kip
Fork Horn

Default I missed!!!!!!

Well, for the first time in longer than I can remember, I missed a doe tonight. [:' (]
But, if she would have been 5 yards farther out, I would have gotten her.
2 does came by with 10 minutes of shooting light left. I thought they were 10 yards away. I drew back, and I couldnt see that darned black broadhead good. (I use the arrow tip as a reference.) I picked my spot, released, and watched both deer bound away. As they were running out, I thought, " wow, seems to be going pretty good for just getting shot" . I climbed down, and found my arrow, clean as a whistle. Scratching my head I paced off 10 yard to the stand. [] I coulda swore it was 15. Oh well, I still got lots of season left to try again.

On the up side, 15 minutes after I shot a real gully washer of a rain came through.
Probably best that I didnt hit it, or I wouldnt have had any blood left to trail.

One things for sure, I sure buried an arrow in the ground, I hit that perfectly. [&:][&:]
Old 10-15-2003, 07:22 PM

Default RE: I missed!!!!!!

Worst part to think about is knowing that won' t be the last time you pull one like that off ! Oh well, that' s what keeps us coming back.

Josh
Old 10-15-2003, 07:25 PM
Typical Buck

One things for sure, I sure buried an arrow in the ground, I hit that perfectly.
Well sounds like ya did ok to me Kip, I' ve had days where I couldn' t hit the ground w/a whole quiver full of arrows. On those days I can' t hit the broad-side of a barn either...standing on the INSIDE! Hehehe.
...All kiddin' aside, it really does sound as though you held everything together purty good, just misjudged the distance? Hang in there, you' ll get ' em dude. Out of curiosity, how big is the ' gap' between 10 - 15 yds? I tried (consciously) gap shooting one evening a long time ago & after breaking/losing several arrows decided to give it up & go back to shooting unconsciously. >>GRIN<<

...is that how to spell conscious?
Old 10-15-2003, 08:05 PM
Fork Horn

No, Vic, that' s how you spell unconsciously. Consciously is spelled consiously.

Congrats on the shot, Kip. I' m still waiting to see a deer.

Brandan
Old 10-15-2003, 08:09 PM
Kip
Fork Horn

Vic, the gap from 10 to 15 is about .... that much. I couldnt honestly tell ya. I just know what " feels" right at the 2 distances.

Next time, if that doe comes in wearing a pair of stilts, shes allllll mine.
Old 10-15-2003, 08:45 PM
Typical Buck

Well Brandon, I spell almost as good as I shoot! Hehehe.

Kip, a deer on stilts? Hmmmm...maybe ya oughtta trap that' n live, would prolly be worth a fortune in a carnival sideshow. LOL!
Old 10-16-2003, 07:05 AM

Kip, just remember, a clean miss is better than a bad hit. With that rain coming in also, it may have been a blessing in disguise. I remember a nice buck I hit one evening right behind the shoulder. Before I could get to the ground, the skies opened up. I went right to the spot where I had seen him running last, and there I found both pieces of my arrow covered in blood. I started to trail him from there and in about 10 minutes, all blood had disappeared. Had no choice but to start a grid search and never did find that buck. Felt terrible and have never forgotten it. As hard as you hunt, there will be another shot, its only a matter of time. Good luck, John
Old 10-16-2003, 06:10 PM
Fork Horn

It' d be a fortune for the game wardens too!

Brandan
Old 10-16-2003, 07:10 PM

Not a problem. I hope you had more than 3 arrows. At least yours wasn' t caught on video I' d be happy right now just getting a shot at a deer with my longbow, even if I missed

Where you using your new Crusader? Then you could blame it on Chad[>:]
I hope to take the Crusader out this weekend.

Keep practicing and don' t let the misses get you down!
Old 10-16-2003, 07:20 PM
Kip
Fork Horn

CT, it' s Chads fault. I think he put a booger in that string he twisted me. []

I am kinda disappointed that I missed, but I sure aint down. Thats the kind of stuff that keeps us coming back for more. I shot today from the same height for practice, and I was shooting about a foot high.[] I remembered to bend at the waist and it all came together. Hopefully I' ll get another chance, but it wont be for a few days, I gotta go back to work tomorrow, and I didn' t see anything today.

Quick Reply: I missed!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.