HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Traditional Archery (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/traditional-archery-19/)
-   -   2nd traditional harvest last sat (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/traditional-archery/394474-2nd-traditional-harvest-last-sat.html)

Mr. Longbeard 09-23-2014 02:14 PM

2nd traditional harvest last sat

shot another nice mature doe sat morning at 7:10am same stand as my opening week end harvest... Doe came into about a15 yards broadside... Drew back anchored and released... Arrow struck her in the spine which dropped her in her tracks... Quick second shot to vitals and it was over... I was pumped for sure!!! Awsome hunt... Sorry about pics but my wife works in hospital and week ends is her only free time and she like to stay busy so I'm gonna try this week end to get pics up... I was using a magnus 125gr 2 blade and it penetrated a vertabre and I saved it I just thought that was cool... Hopefully pics comin soon

Bocajnala 09-24-2014 04:42 AM

Congrats again! Laying them down this year!
-Jake

LBR 09-24-2014 08:12 AM

Congrats! Our season opens Oct 1, but unless it cools down I won't be spending a lot of time in the woods during the early season. Meat spoils too quick.

Mr. Longbeard 09-24-2014 12:56 PM

LBR I butcher my own deer so I carry a large cooler full of ice... But the heat does kinda make it a little bit of a chore!!!

LBR 09-24-2014 01:22 PM

I mean if you don't find it right away. Not unusual for it to be 80+ here.

Glad to hear someone else butchers their own--we've never taken a deer to a processor. My dad taught my brother and me how to skin and process our own deer, hogs, squirrels, birds, fish, etc. I thought it was the craziest thing the first time I saw a place advertising deer processing.

The Rev 10-07-2014 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by LBR (Post 4160758)
I mean if you don't find it right away. Not unusual for it to be 80+ here.

Glad to hear someone else butchers their own--we've never taken a deer to a processor. My dad taught my brother and me how to skin and process our own deer, hogs, squirrels, birds, fish, etc. I thought it was the craziest thing the first time I saw a place advertising deer processing.

I've taken two to the processor years ago; you just never know who's deer you're getting back. I've seen some pretty sickly looking animals processed.

I hunted last week for five days and passed on two young bucks. I'll head out tomorrow or the next day, it's supposed to pour buckets this week end in West Texas I'd like to get some hunting in before the monsoon, there's one buck running around the ranch that is really nice. Not sure if I'll take any does this years off the ranch the doe ratio is not real good. I still have meat in the freezer from last year.

LBR 10-09-2014 04:34 AM

I've only been out once so far, but should be able to get out this year since my mom and dad both passed earlier in the year.

One of my good friends got a yearling doe last week...she's going to be some fine eating!

We eat a ton of venison.

Centxrecurve 10-13-2014 09:15 AM

Congrats on nice harvest.