Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
Opening week end harvest >

Opening week end harvest

Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Opening week end harvest

Old 09-07-2014, 02:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Opening week end harvest

Shot a nice public land doe sat with my Blackwidow recurve... Shot was about 25 yards... A little farther than I like but after watching her for close to 30 min she finally gave me a good broadside and I took it... She turned and my arrow hit her quartering towards... Was using a Simmons land shark and it did the job... But I think I'm going to stick with magnus from now on
Old 09-07-2014, 02:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lol it's sept and this forum is dead
Old 09-08-2014, 06:23 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Congrats!

I didn't get on the computer at all yesterday. Our season, along with my neighboring states, doesn't open until Oct. 1st or later. Hopefully I'll get to spend some time in the woods this year.
Old 09-08-2014, 02:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Prob best that it opens oct 1st... Our opens sept 5th and it was so hot that when I found deer it had fly eggs on it already and was covered in those green shinny flys... From now on I won't be in the woods unless it's under 80 degrees..
Old 09-08-2014, 05:28 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Usually that way here in Oct. I'd like to see the entire season moved back a month. Ours runs through the end of Jan, but it's so hot when it opens I don't usually get out much.
Old 09-11-2014, 04:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

Congrats Longbeard; but where are the pictures?

Our season doesn't start until October, I sure hope I'll be posting a picture. My ranch doesn't have a lot of deer, I normally only see two or three all year long. So getting a shot off may be just wishful thinking. We have tons of pigs however.
Old 09-11-2014, 05:59 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Pigs were made for spot and stalk bowhunting. We are starting to get a population around here, but every farmer and redneck in the area takes pot shots at them. They make deer look calm! I figure within the next few years there will be more than we can shoot since this entire area is a huge creek bottom surrounded by farm land.
Old 09-12-2014, 04:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

My ol lady said she will help me get pic on so soon I'll have a couple
Old 09-12-2014, 07:41 AM
Super Moderator

Waiting for the pic! Congrats! 25 yards is about 10 yards past my current limit for deer with the recurve! Great shooting.
-Jake
Old 09-12-2014, 10:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by LBR
Pigs were made for spot and stalk bowhunting. We are starting to get a population around here, but every farmer and redneck in the area takes pot shots at them. They make deer look calm! I figure within the next few years there will be more than we can shoot since this entire area is a huge creek bottom surrounded by farm land.
I agree Chad; I've done a of spot and stalk with my compound in certain parts of the state. The pigs at my ranch I like to pistol hunt. Now that I'm back to trad, I'll start doing that.

This pig was over 250 pounds but was a boar so I put him in the gut pile; too big for me to eat.

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/memb...17323006-n.jpg

This little guy was the perfect cooking pig and he was delicious too.

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/memb...78597086-n.jpg

This last one was about 400 pounds he was mean and ugly. Shot him in the spine and he couldn't get up, left him almost two hours and he was still trying to get up and get some revenge.. took two shots to the head with a 45 to finally dispatch him.

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/memb...-img954569.jpg

This is what happens almost every night at my feeders and I have four of them, one reason I don't see a lot of deer. You can see a 2x2" metal square tubing in the middle of the feeder. Filled it weighs over 500 pounds and they had been moving them 50 yards away by running into them trying to get more corn out of them.. Dummies it's auger feed.

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/memb...5-mdgc5173.jpg

Last edited by The Rev; 09-12-2014 at 10:52 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.