Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Opening Day

Old 10-15-2013, 10:26 AM
Fork Horn

Well hunted yesterday evening and as light was going I decided to climb down. I stood up and a doe blew from behind me. It is a good 30 yards behind me through some trees to the next clearing. I have no idea how she saw me. I believe it is same doe that is always blowing at the slightest sound. She will blow but not move. As soon as you start moving again she'll blow and run a few steps. Then blow again and again. I am going to change my hunting location today and try setting on the trail they come in on. Hopefully I can catch them before they see me.
Old 10-16-2013, 06:44 AM
Dominant Buck

I got to go out Sat. and saw a lot of deer, just no shooters. All young bucks or does with young fawns. I am surprised, I saw two does with small, late season fawns. Fawns with very prominent spots.
Old 10-16-2013, 05:01 PM
Fork Horn

I wish I could say I saw lots of deer. I see them on camera at night just not during the day. I need to make it up your way one day soon.
Old 10-25-2013, 11:58 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Centxrecurve
I wish I could say I saw lots of deer. I see them on camera at night just not during the day. I need to make it up your way one day soon.
Come on down.
Old 10-28-2013, 06:30 PM
Fork Horn

I went to the woods after work today. I have tons of activity on camera but they have a hunter radar on. They know what time to come out safely.
Old 11-03-2013, 09:59 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Coyotes seem to be ruining my spot close to home. Hear them every night in the bottom, only gotten raccoon pics on my camera. Stinks.....
Old 11-04-2013, 09:18 AM
Fork Horn

Camped this weekend and had lots of activity on camera but none in daylight. They are feeding at night even with no moon. I know there trails but still none in daylight hours. I had my boys with me. I had a the hunting area covered and still nothing . Four stands spread out over area. Some on feeders but others on trails.
Old 11-20-2013, 07:33 AM
Dominant Buck

Finally got a chance to go hunt. Shot two doe and saw lots of rutting bucks. Passed a couple of 8 points.
Old 11-24-2013, 08:03 PM
Fork Horn

Have not had much luck myself. I am just not seeing movement in daytime
Old 11-25-2013, 08:20 AM
Dominant Buck

The bucks were full blown rutting. A buddy of mine shot a nice 8 point and the neck was swollen, and the tarsal gland was dark. The two doe I shot were both being chased by bucks. I had to grunt to stop them. I had three different 8 points I could have put an arrow in, and all of them were rutting hard. I hope to get out this weekend. Just hope they have not quit the chase and started holding up with does.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.