Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Getin' Close

Old 09-18-2013, 11:45 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Default Getin' Close

Season opens Oct 1st here--less that two weeks! Weather is supposed to cool off...I hope to hunt on opening day, that evening I'm headed to FL for a bowfishing trip, back Sunday. Can't wait!
Old 09-18-2013, 11:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by LBR
Season opens Oct 1st here--less that two weeks! Weather is supposed to cool off...I hope to hunt on opening day, that evening I'm headed to FL for a bowfishing trip, back Sunday. Can't wait!
Yeah buddy!

Season opens 9/28 here... I'll be on the ground near a trail that I scouted earlier in the season, should see some action, but being that I'm still-hunting, I'm really going to have to be on my game.

Otherwise, I'm going to climb a tree on some private land if I haven't bagged anything by the third week in Oct. Always a ton of does and a few bucks in there, so I should be successful if I do my part.

Wish me luck on my first traditional season!
Old 09-20-2013, 04:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by LBR
Have fun with it! I plan to hunt from ground blinds, but got acess to a new place (to me) so the climber might get some use for the first time in a few years.
I plan to... I'm so stoked up.

Now I'm trying to decide if I'll take the first mature deer I see for meat or if I'll hold out for a buck. It really doesn't matter, but it would be cool to put a buck down in my first trad season.

If I do take a doe right away, I could always get another buck tag... but we'll see what happens.
Old 09-20-2013, 05:12 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Have fun with it! I plan to hunt from ground blinds, but got acess to a new place (to me) so the climber might get some use for the first time in a few years.
Old 09-20-2013, 08:46 AM
Dominant Buck

Same here. Oct 1. If it is not hot as heck, I will be out. I am headed to my land this afternoon to check on things and see how the deer are moving. I might even shoot a hog or two.
Old 09-22-2013, 06:48 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

It's cooled off a bit here--according to the Old Farmer's Almanac, we may have a frost on the 1st! Whoo-Hoo!!!
Old 09-23-2013, 05:03 PM
Fork Horn

That must be horrible to have to wait 'til October!

.... sorry, couldn't resist.

RC
Old 09-25-2013, 08:08 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Yeah...then we have to wait until Feb. for the season to end! Unless you are hunting hogs, then there is no season or limit...or bowfishing...but I'll be hitting too many tournaments and rendevous to worry too much about it!

How have you been Rich? What Canuckian critters have you put out of their misery this season?
Old 09-25-2013, 10:23 AM
Dominant Buck

I did some scouting and found that the deer were moving pretty well. Saw a few hogs but could not get on one to shoot. Cant really say I tried very hard. Just enjoyed the day.
Old 09-25-2013, 11:44 AM
Fork Horn

Hi Chad,

Wife and I did another fly in stone sheep trip in mid August. No sheep but she took a nice mtn goat with her muzzle loader. Got home for 3 days then did a 5 day pack in trip for mule deer Sept 01. Friend took a 4X3 so I ended up with half a mulie in the freezer any way.

Leaving on Oct 03 for a moose/deer/bear trip for 10 days. Going to see if I can put 32" of bamboo into a slobber nose.

Got some small farms to bow hunt locally but haven't had much time! lol

R

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.