Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
The wheels might have to come out. >

The wheels might have to come out.

Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

The wheels might have to come out.

Old 09-16-2013, 03:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

BC sorry to hear about the shoulders. Its one of those things that never gets back 100%, father had both shoulders done including both biceps. Thats why i got the xbow its something he can use and still get out there on his own. Bow no way he could pull it without risking re tearing anything.

Glad to hear you found something Bernie. Hope to see a deer down in the future from ya.
Old 09-16-2013, 10:10 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Might contact Rod Jenkins and see what he suggests. He's had surgery, and I think he is back to near 100%. Not sure just what his surgery consisted of though.
Old 09-29-2013, 09:24 AM
Fork Horn

Sorry to hear that Kent.
Old 08-04-2014, 02:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

I chatted with Kent (Burnie) this morning; the finger is getting worse. Last year he used a compound and a pistol, he's not going to quit deer hunting.
He's a good friend of mine and sometimes hunt at his place. It's such a shame, he really loves the long bows he's built and he sure can shoot them well too. Doctors believe surgery could make it worse.
Old 08-04-2014, 06:52 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Hate to hear that. Tell him we miss him here.

Chad
Old 08-05-2014, 09:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by LBR
Hate to hear that. Tell him we miss him here.

Chad
I will he has some good knowledge to pass along. I know he's slowed down a lot of stuff since he was elected Mayor.

I really miss ArtuhrP; I don't know whatever happened to him. We never could get along in politics but he know a lot about Trads. I met him in Ft. Worth when I was working the Bowtech booth at the Texas Hunters Extravaganza, and talked several times on the phone, he had some health issues.

Kanga went back to Australia about a month ago, he and I used to hunt ,compete in 3d together and had an affiliation with Bowtech. He's quit building bows and archery altogether, he got into wood turning mainly bowl making.

I was sidelined for three years after the car wreck I was in in Illinois, but I'm back strong and putting away competing with a compound and going back to my first love, trads.

I'm glad you're still here Chad; don't go away anytime soon Bubba, you're the backbone here. I'd like to see it where it was several years ago.

Last edited by The Rev; 08-05-2014 at 10:11 AM.
Old 08-05-2014, 12:08 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Arthur had some serious health issues, and as best I can recall had a meltdown on the political board and left.

Been wondering about Kanga here and there, never could remember to ask.

Really glad you are back in rare form! Honestly I'd forgotten about your wreck...so many have just drifted away for one reason or another.

I'm not going anywhere--at least not by choice. Traditional archery is my hobby and my business--I'm just getting deeper into it.
Old 08-06-2014, 08:14 PM
Dominant Buck

Im still alive. Yup, one deer last year with a long bow and had to finish the archery season with a compound. Took two more doe with it and finished the season off with a revolver taking a nice buck. It has not been all that disparaging, i forgot how fun revolver hunting is. I got a new Smith and Wesson 460 XVR that is a hoot to shoot. I cant wait to hunt with it. I have three fingers turned in, so finger drawing is off the plate. Drawing aids just dont float my boat with a long bow. I might go full wheels. Wheels on the bow the wheels on the revolver.

I know this is not a trade video, but what the heck. This is the revolvers i will be hunting with. 44 mag, 454 casull, and 460
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=06ktvEh-eQA
Old 08-07-2014, 07:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

I'm glad I finally rattled your cage and got you up from your hibernation! I've been seeing you and the girls shooting the pistols on FB, they are a lot of fun, I've been pig hunting with mine and lots of fun....
Yes; lets get together soon, I'm doing a wedding mid October don't remember the date, but I'm free the rest of the year.

Burnie can shoot a rifle too; one hunt I was in the ladder stand and I heard Boom, Boom, Boom, we came out later and I asked him what were you shooting at? He said, there are three does at the bottom of the ravine, and we had funning fetching them up the hill through cactus, barbed wire and mesquite brush.... Oh, remember what you did with the discards. I'm not telling.
Old 08-07-2014, 04:25 PM
Dominant Buck

Hey now. I look forward to getting together.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.