Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
Craziest Claims You Have Seen? >

Craziest Claims You Have Seen?

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Craziest Claims You Have Seen?

Old 09-26-2013, 09:02 AM
Dominant Buck

Who is the guru?
Old 09-26-2013, 12:06 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Now the "V" makes sense...duhhh.........
Old 09-26-2013, 09:02 PM
Spike

I had a gentleman tell me at Wal-Mart that he shoots a recurve 48#@28" with a 28" draw and gets complete passthroughs with rage two blades, shooting aluminium Easton game getters. I of course called b.s. and he argued with me for 20 minutes that he did all the time. I asked if he could show me pictures to which he replied, well I've not shot a deer with them yet....

you can't fix stupid.
Old 09-27-2013, 12:41 PM
Spike

you can't fix stupid but you shurnuff put a dent in it with a 4 ft. 2+4.
if you don't know who the guru is you haven't been here long evidently.
Old 10-01-2013, 06:39 AM
Dominant Buck

Ive used mechanical heads with trad bows. I used them on turkey because they do not pass through and stay in the turkey longer. Lol
Old 10-01-2013, 12:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ok, this got me thinking. In my brain, something is telling me that an arrow shot straight down will go faster than an arrow shot straight up, over the same distance. Can anyone provide an argument to that? If this does happen, can anyone estimate what the difference in speed would be within say, 20 yards?

I know this is not the explanation for the guy shooting high.
Old 10-01-2013, 02:20 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Some really "smart" people are as dumb as a rock when it comes to common sense. The worst ones are the ones who think a degree can replace wisdom; or reading a book is a substitute for experience.
Old 10-01-2013, 03:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by UncleNorby
Ok, this got me thinking. In my brain, something is telling me that an arrow shot straight down will go faster than an arrow shot straight up, over the same distance. Can anyone provide an argument to that? If this does happen, can anyone estimate what the difference in speed would be within say, 20 yards?

It depends on how fast the bow is...

If a bow is over 350fps, it starts slowing down instantly when it leaves the bow, even when shot straight down due to air resistance. If a bow is less than 350fps, gravity will help speed it up to about 350fps when fired straight down (air resistance will balance against gravity = terminal velocity). Firing straight up, an arrow will always start slowing down, 1) fighting gravity, 2) fighting air resistance.

Now I just need to find a bow that ACTUALLY shoots faster than 350fps with my short arms...
Old 10-01-2013, 03:35 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by UncleNorby

In most coordinated systems you note gravity as -9.81m/s2. There for using a simple displacement formula would prove you correct.
Easier put, ignoring friction coeficients, shooting down is (-), (-) and (-) = greater magnitude. Shooting up is (+), so (-) and (+) = lesser magnitude.

I do not have time to do the actual calculations right now.
Old 10-01-2013, 06:11 PM
Spike

Had someone tell me yesterday that he runs two strings on his recurve because it makes it faster...you can't fix stupid.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.