Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
Are Black Widow longbows worth the price? >

Are Black Widow longbows worth the price?

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Are Black Widow longbows worth the price?

Old 12-31-2012, 05:40 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

On this forum? I've seen them, but don't recall any here--at least not in a long time.
Old 12-31-2012, 05:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

I hear their customer service is top notch, that being said, I'm not a fan of the bows, too much hand shock in my opinion, I personally don't get the hype. I shoot my bows daily and couldn't imagine shooting any bow at any price for that matter with that much handshock on a regular basis, I'd need surgery...JMO!
Old 12-31-2012, 07:29 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Have you shot the latest model BHF? I've shot a few of them, and they were tons better than the first ones--very low shock.
Old 01-01-2013, 06:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah, my buddy has one of the newer ones, nice looking bow of top quality but just a bit much for me in that deprtment. I guess I'm biased to my Big Rivers that actually do have ZERO hand shock. When folks say little to no hand shock and I shoot their bow, I just smile and say nice bow! The older BW's you couldn't pay me to shoot, just not my cup of tea! Everybody has there opinions and this is just mine! No biggie!
Old 01-29-2013, 10:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

They let you test drive there bows... Who else does that???

I was sold as soon as i shot the test drive bow.... Got on the phone and ordered my psa-x no regrets bow shoots great... fast and quiet... Arrows fly like darts... What the heck else can you ask for... Oh and i thinik there the best looking recurves out there...

Last edited by Mr. Longbeard; 01-29-2013 at 10:50 PM.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:57 PM
Spike

Thumbs up

Yes! All BW Bows are worth their price but then actually I could shoot and hunt, kill Elk and Deer with a Samick Sage or a Selfbow I made. It just depends on your taste?