HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Traditional Archery (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/traditional-archery-19/)
-   -   Wensel's "Spirit of the Bow" (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/traditional-archery/347192-wensels-spirit-bow.html)

LBR 07-24-2011 06:56 PM

Wensel's "Spirit of the Bow"

Great video--great hunting and outdoor footage, along with the "Brothers of the Bow" sharing pictures, insights, shooting techniques, and comedy. I can't wait to watch it again!

Chad

Bernie P. 07-25-2011 04:32 AM

IMO they offer the best deer vids of any.Very informative unlike so many others.Gene' books are great to.

HatchieLuvr 07-27-2011 10:13 AM

The Wensels are my greatest hunting heroes. As a teen in the 80s, working at my step-brothers huntin/fishin store there simply weren't any bigger legends than those 2 guys, especially if you were/are bowhunting nuts like we were. :hail: I really enjoyed all their books and especially the tales of Barry and Paul Schafer. (Schafer must've been an "un-Godly" amazing man to hear everyone talk about his shooting and physical abilities!)

Barry is why I bought a Martin takedown recurve and hunted with it for 2 seasons, taking a 100" 8ptr the 1st year and a 130" P&Y 8ptr the 2nd year. I never got into the wood arrows but the Zwickey broadheads he recommended were/are BAD NEWS! I tried like hell to get them to fly properly from compounds but couldn't (and it cost me a 140"+ 10ptr the year after my 1st P&Y 8ptr. :bash: )

The "mental aspect" of their game was quite a concept if you read that particular book. But who could argue with their success? :s4:
RA

LBR 07-27-2011 08:08 PM

They live and breathe it for sure. Seem to be real nice guys in person also, but I've never had a chance to just sit down and have a conversation with them--too dang many adoring fans always pressing for a chance to talk to them.

Chad

Topgun 3006 07-28-2011 07:20 AM

I won a flyin bearhunt/fishing trip in May of 2009 up in Manitoba with Monty McKenzie and happened to be accompanied by Mike Mitten, a good friend and asssociate of the Wensels. The weather was not favorable during our hunt, but Mike returned for the fall hunt with Monty and arrowed a beautiful bear. He has authored the book "One With The Wilderness" with the Foreword written by Gene Wensel and it 's a great book that I would highly recommend. He is also Co-Producer with them on the "Primal Dreams" DVD. You can get them by contacting him at: [email protected] or going on: www.brothersofthebow.com. I would aslo highly recommend the flyin hunt with Monty McKenzie as he has two great camps with hunts in the Spring and Fall. The Fall hunt also gives you the opportunity to take a wolf. His website is: www.mckenzieoutfitters.ca/ If you contact either Mike or Monty tell them Topgun sent you!!!

Schultzy 08-08-2011 08:38 PM

I've met both of these guys a couple of times. 100% class acts. They both were at the Pope And Young convention here In Minnesota this year. I didn't get to speak with them there, I was bummed. Their video's are some of the best ones out there of all time. Great bunch of guys they are!!