Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
Traditional vs compound >

Traditional vs compound

Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Traditional vs compound

Old 04-19-2011, 07:59 PM
Spike

you seem hell bent on an argument
Old 04-20-2011, 07:01 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by the_trapperDave
you seem hell bent on an argument
Funny, I was thinking the same thing about you

It just gets old, people come in and out, without logic or reason, and make statements like you did. Your not the first, and sure not going to be the last.
Old 04-20-2011, 07:02 AM
Spike

it does grow tiresome
Old 04-21-2011, 05:10 AM
Typical Buck

Longbow, recurve, compound or crossbow all have limited range. It's truly not a much of a debate beings most hunters use these for hunting closes up and personal. 30 yards a long shot for a longbow or recurve for most. 50yards is a long shot for compounds and cross bows for most. Some can use either to extend that range but most fall in those categories. I say let them use whatever they want in any season. I personally would choose either a recurve or a compound, crossbows are cumbersome if your stalking. I currently shoot a compound.
Old 04-22-2011, 06:33 AM
Spike

lol I enjoy the entertainment usually
Old 05-06-2011, 09:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

I say keep the compound and crossbow out of the Bow season........
Old 05-06-2011, 03:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

Personally I have no problem with crossbows. I look at it like this. A recurve/longbow, compound, and crossbow would be equivalent to a firearm hunter using a flintlock, percussion rifle or open sighted centerfire rifle. All of these weapons are effective, each to a 'better' degree. But if its legal and you want to use it, be my guest. Just don't go telling me what I can use. Its as simple as that. If you are angry that a cross bow shooter can connect with a deer at 40 yds and you can't with your recurve, then practice more until you can. I don't use a xbow. But I do use recurves and compounds. And I know what my limits are and stay within them.

Last edited by bronko22000; 05-06-2011 at 03:22 PM.
Old 05-06-2011, 04:15 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

To me, it's simple. Weapons that are not bows should not be allowed in the bow season. If it's a "limited range weapon" season, call it that. If it's an "anything goes" season, call it that.

We are all told what, when, and where we can hunt, and what we can hunt with.

Chad
Old 05-08-2011, 08:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by LBR
To me, it's simple. Weapons that are not bows should not be allowed in the bow season. If it's a "limited range weapon" season, call it that. If it's an "anything goes" season, call it that.

We are all told what, when, and where we can hunt, and what we can hunt with.

Chad

So you agree with me then.....
Old 05-10-2011, 05:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

simply put - greed is what makes people want to "ban" certain kids of archery equipment

now, understand there is a HUGE difference in shooting a crossbow with sights etc and shooting a decked out compound vs shooting a recurve/longbow .... the latter is much more difficult

but that said, we all have the same number of tags and statistics show crossbow hunters aren't that much more successful than compound hunters ...... both more successful than traditional hunters

so other than having your easy but not wanting someone to have theirs, what IS the reason for not wanting crossbows in archery season, or compounds either?

there are no reasons - crossbows have NEVER been a negative to archery season

I don't know that compounds have either

compounders HATE crossbow shooters because crossbows are easier but when recurve shooters point out compounds are easier than recurves, compounders don't understand that view

funny huh?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.