Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

First 3-D of 2011

Old 02-22-2011, 05:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by LBR
BC, you just need to move South!
I have been saying that to myself for 16 years, I don't know why I can't escape the handcuffs of MD.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:05 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

My philosophy is this: If I live to be an old man, I plan to drive the kids nuts talking about what I DID, not what I WISH I'D DONE!

So far I only have one more "biggie" on my list--hunt water buffalo in Oz. I'd love return trips for moose and elk, but the buffalo is the only one I haven't at least tried yet. I do plan on making it happen.

I tell my son he better get a good education and a good job--I plan to die broke!
Old 02-25-2011, 07:00 AM
DCM
Spike

I had a bad spell around Christmas Chad, with my cancer. Had to have a colonostomy, nearly 2 weeks of no sleep, no eat, constant night & day abdonmenal cramping. I'm down 25# and honestly don't know if I could draw a bow. Dang sure know'd I'd have not made it around the course, short or long. But I'm getting better, back to work for several weeks now, scheming on turkeys and crappies. Hope to be at the March shoot, if I'm up to it. Should be. I'll try to remember to check with you here, maybe we'll get together then. I've always enjoyed the first, Feburary shoot at Lost Tribe. Nice outing between the deer and turkey seasons, and get to see old buds again from the last fall shoot. Hate I missed this year. I presume the new management is doing good. Bill 'n 'em have done their time, double. Hope they get a chance to just shoot and have some fun now, rather than having run shoot, concessions, etc..

Reckon you'll make Clarksville this year?

Did you get your Krewson bow back yet?
Old 02-25-2011, 06:31 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Sure hope you can make it--glad you hear you are doing better.

I plan to be at the March shoot, and at Clarkesville.

Eric isn't quite done with my bow yet--maybe I'll get back up there next week. I have a hickory I want him to do some tweeking on, see if I can pick up a little performance and loose a little shock.

Headed to Tannehill in the a.m. Just got back from Jackon--son was in a H.S. bowling tourney. They lost, but just getting there their second year was an accomplishment.
Old 03-01-2011, 06:06 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

The Pre-Spring Fling at Tannehill was good and bad. Had a great time, shot a 210 out of a possible 250 (I'm sure that didn't win, probably didn't place--it was a pretty easy course, and AL usually draws some really good shots), but was only able to shoot one day. We stayed the weekend, but I woke up sick as a dog Sunday morning--still feel like crud, but better. Heading to the FL State Championship near Ocala Thursday, then I figure I'll slow down a bunch--gas prices are killing me. Haven't shot FL in a long time--only shot the State Championship once before--it will be good to get back and see some friends I haven't talked to in a while.