Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Favorite Veneer?

Old 07-30-2003, 07:31 AM

Default RE: Favorite Veneer?

Wow Chad told me that the marks were secret canadian indian hunting symbols. Said they were suppose to help you never miss a shot

The bow looks great. Going to get my broadheads shooting from it this weekend. Think I' ll try some of those arrows Chad sent me with 85 grain heads and those purty pink feathers
Old 08-08-2003, 12:42 AM

Italian Ebony........with Bacote/M Black Ebony and Locust riser.......Think you have seen that combo Chad

Got a new 60" curve coming from Jeff with a simular appearance to that Longhorn, Chad. It should be here next week. He called it " sexy looking" Hope the wife doesn' t find out.....she likes being the only sexy looking thing in the house!
Old 08-08-2003, 12:01 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Jim! How the heck are ya' ? Good to see you around!

That was one more gorgeous bow--we' ve got some Mac. ebony veneer now that is some kinda' nice too. I wish I could just go ahead and order 5 or 6, each with different woods. The Tamo ash and curly waterfall bubinga are two that I have never seen in a bow, and really caught my eye. On the other hand, I have seen the others in a bow and that is why I want them! Still haven' t decided!

Chad
Old 08-08-2003, 03:45 PM
Spike

Hey Chad,

Here' s my choice from your list. Macassar Ebony & Bolivian Rosewood (make sure this wood has the deep red tone to it) for the riser, and use the Waterfall Bubinga veneers. Have a two wood riser overlay of Macassar Ebony under Bolivian Rosewood, same with the limb tips. Have Marc also put some belly overlays on it. One word........SWEET!

~ joe marrier
Old 08-08-2003, 09:46 PM

macassar ebony or bocote, no question.

what are the availabilities of those?

now i' m gonna have to order another bow.
Old 08-08-2003, 10:39 PM

Hi Chad, ...yeah I' m still kick' n

I' ll be contacting you for some strings for this new curve thats heading my way. Just as Jeff' s bows are the only bows for me....same goes for your strings. Great bow, seal skin rest, and some of your high performance strings: how can I miss?
Old 08-12-2003, 07:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Chad,

I would suggest the M. Ebony and Birdseye Bocote for the riser, walnut core and yew lams with waterfall bubinga veneers for the limbs. Yew lams with walnut core makes a sweet shooting bow. Have him add a layer of carbon while your at it!!

Rosewood and birdseye maple accents would really make for a gem of a bow!!

Bill
Old 08-15-2003, 12:49 AM

Chad, I will try and post some picks of this new Massie recurve that coming. Jeff said it has the same wood he used on my first Longhorn I got from him.

He expects the bow to be in my hands today or tomorrow. I have some Traditional Lites on the way as well to shoot the traditional recurve class with this set up and 3 fingers under. Yeah I can hear ya....yeah I' m going the easy way this time