Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
How many shoot in cold weather? >

How many shoot in cold weather?

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

How many shoot in cold weather?

Old 12-20-2010, 01:11 PM
bigcountry

Default How many shoot in cold weather?

I try to shoot once a week in the offseason. Man, after about 12 arrows at 17F, it freakin kinda hurts. I use a damascus glove because I like the feel, but cold weather, can be brutal to fire off 40 arrows.

Old 12-20-2010, 04:48 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

I figre my "cold" and your "cold" are different, but I try to shoot in all temps. I haven't shot at all lately, but not due to the weather. Plan on getting back at it soon. Right now I've got to find time to train my mule and find my wife a ride. Ultimately I want to train my mule to let me shoot a bow from the saddle.
Old 12-21-2010, 06:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Every time before I head out hunting I shoot anywhere from 5 to 20 arrows depending on how I shoot. Yesterday I shot 20 arrows In blizzard like condition's before I went out hunting. -20 below or not, I always shoot before I head out hunting.
Old 12-21-2010, 11:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot every day in my basement and once a week indoors on the DART. I'll shoot the DART til early May...winter league starts in Jan and runs for 12 weeks. April I'll start with the 3D shoots
Old 12-21-2010, 12:42 PM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by JimPic
I shoot every day in my basement and once a week indoors on the DART. I'll shoot the DART til early May...winter league starts in Jan and runs for 12 weeks. April I'll start with the 3D shoots
I am shooting winter league at marchios in hanover. Figured you might be familuar with em.

We ought to shoot some 3ds

Old 12-21-2010, 12:57 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Wish we had a DART or Techno-Hunt within reasonable driving distance. Used to have one several years ago--I loved it.
Old 12-21-2010, 01:20 PM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by LBR
Wish we had a DART or Techno-Hunt within reasonable driving distance. Used to have one several years ago--I loved it.
Well, sadly I messed up my first trip a few weeks ago.

I didn't know about the special blunts to use. And sad to say, I went thru the screen/mesh thru the plywood and into a wall. Owner was livid. I never done it before. He said it happened two times before. All I could think of is, if it happened before, wouldn't a smart man put up signs with BH's and fieldpoints crossed out all over the place??? He just assumed all bowhunters in the world knew all about it.

Old 12-22-2010, 03:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigcountry
I am shooting winter league at marchios in hanover. Figured you might be familuar with em.

I shoot at Deer Valley...about 20 minutes from Hanover. I only live 10 minutes from Hanover..work right down the street from them. I've never shot there though. We'll definitely have to hook up and shoot
Old 12-22-2010, 03:52 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

When we had one, the owner made double-sure that EVERYONE knew about the blunts. I forget what he said the screen cost, but I remember it was enough that I'd have been to to have signs up and standing guard!

'Course if he hadn't told us, we would have assumed you could use whatever point you wanted.
Old 12-27-2010, 08:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigcountry

I live in Hanover Pa... Ill have to get over there and check that place out...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.