Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
Favorite Brand of Recurve >

Favorite Brand of Recurve

Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Favorite Brand of Recurve

Old 10-04-2010, 05:45 PM
Spike

Default Favorite Brand of Recurve

Whats your favorite Brand of Recurve, do you shoot it and why is it your favorite?
Old 10-04-2010, 07:13 PM
bigcountry

I like zipper. One because the guy who makes em is really down to earth, and helpful. Two, I like the feel of the grips. Lastly, vanity. Its just nice looking, warm feel

Old 10-05-2010, 05:31 AM
Fork Horn

Blacktail recurve bows are my favorite. I have two take down models. Upon arrow release, the bowstring never slaps my arm so I do not wear an arm guard. They're very quiet and since they are so quiet, string silencers are not installed on either of my recurves. Since they're cut 3/16" past center, they can shoot a variety of differently spined arrows simply by changing point weight and/or raising or lowering the brace height. Since I have small hands and short fingers, the bowyer told me when I ordered a bow, to send a tracing of my hand on a piece of paper and he would modify his normal grip to accommodate my hand size. He also told me if the grip wasn't to my liking, to send the bow back to him and he would rework it until it met my satifaction. The grip on both bows feels great. I didn't need to send any of my bows back to him. They shoot where I look and his bows are "lookers" too. The only drawback is the long wait to get one.

http://www.blacktailbows.com/
Old 10-05-2010, 06:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

The only recurve I have experience with is my Martin Hunter.IMO it's a very good bow for the money.I've read quite a few reviews on recurves including Norb Mulaneys on the Hunter.It's as smooth and fast as many custom bows costing far more.I like it a lot!
Old 10-05-2010, 07:40 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Chek-Mate, for lots of reasons. They are priced for the average guy, but you get much more than an average bow. They look and shoot as good as any. They can do this because they don't advertise, or have brochures, or videos, etc....and the bowyer isn't getting rich. That, along with more experience than most will ever garner goes a long way. The company is well over 40 years old, the bowyer has been there for 25 years and built well over 12,000 bows. Who else can say that? Almost forgot--he (the bowyer) is only 42 years old--he's still got a lot of years, and a lot of bows, left in him.

Although he sometimes posts, you'll never see the bowyer bragging about how great his bows are, or how much better than are than another, etc. He actually brags on other bows.

I shoot one of their longbows 95% of the time, but I have a recurve too.
Old 10-05-2010, 02:10 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by LBR
Chek-Mate, for lots of reasons. They are priced for the average guy, but you get much more than an average bow. They look and shoot as good as any. They can do this because they don't advertise, or have brochures, or videos, etc....and the bowyer isn't getting rich. That, along with more experience than most will ever garner goes a long way. The company is well over 40 years old, the bowyer has been there for 25 years and built well over 12,000 bows. Who else can say that? Almost forgot--he (the bowyer) is only 42 years old--he's still got a lot of years, and a lot of bows, left in him.

Although he sometimes posts, you'll never see the bowyer bragging about how great his bows are, or how much better than are than another, etc. He actually brags on other bows.

I shoot one of their longbows 95% of the time, but I have a recurve too.
I second that! If only I still had mine! I had the falcon and it shot fast and pulled smooth! I like cari-bows and monarch also.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:07 PM
Spike

Hey all mine would be a close tossup between Bear and Black Widow. Personally I like Black Widow better but have yet to own one.
Old 10-06-2010, 02:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm a Widow guy. After owning and shooting so many differant bows,that's what shoots best for me. Got a soft spot for Bear's and Browning's too
Old 10-06-2010, 05:55 AM
Fork Horn

I love black widow bows... They are great to shoot and great to look at... If I'm gonna be hunting in brush, or having to walk through thick woods and afraid of scratching it, I like the Hoyt Gamemaster II...
Old 10-07-2010, 09:20 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by rynigner
I love black widow bows... They are great to shoot and great to look at... If I'm gonna be hunting in brush, or having to walk through thick woods and afraid of scratching it, I like the Hoyt Gamemaster II...
ya dude when i get my black widow ill probably not go in to much thick woods most likely will use it in a tree stand

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.