Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

New bow, need help!!

Old 07-10-2003, 10:12 AM

Default New bow, need help!!

I just bought a Bear Tigercat, 60" , 40lbs. @ 28 on Ebay. I don' t know the first thing about traditional achery, except what I' ve read here. Where can I find a string for this bow? What size do I need? There are not any traditional achery shops in my area. Please, any help would be appreciated.
Old 07-10-2003, 11:58 AM

Default RE: New bow, need help!!

I' m sure LBR will be on soon, he makes a great Flemish twist string. I' ve bought about 20 from him! Also contact Greg at G&M Archery, 218-224-3263, he can fix you up with alot of stuff that you' ll have to have Good luck and welcome to the addiction[>:]
Old 07-10-2003, 01:23 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Congratulations! My first trad bow was a Bear Tigercat--I' ve kicked myself many times for ever selling it. It should get a 56" string, dacron (B-50 or B-500), 12 or 14 strand is plenty.

I' d also suggest reading Byron Ferguson' s " Become the Arrow" to get a good start on the basics. Everything he says/does may not work for you, but it will get you started off on the right track. I don' t agree with the part about wood arrows, but otherwise I think it' s a great read--interesting and easy to follow. Most others I have read get too complicated right off the bat, in my opinion.

Good luck!

Chad
Old 07-10-2003, 02:10 PM

LBR - where in MS are you from? I' m originally from the Delta but live in Ridgeland now. How about you?
Old 07-10-2003, 02:47 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Northeast corner, about 25 miles East of Tupelo, near Fulton. We have a local shoot in Marrietta this Saturday, and one on the first Sunday of next month (I' ll be AL State Championship then though), if you are up this way.

Chad