Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Arrow Wraps

Old 06-28-2003, 04:26 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Default Arrow Wraps

Could someone remind me how to do these? What you used, where you got the patterns, etc.?

Thanks!

Chad
Old 06-28-2003, 05:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Arrow Wraps

Cabelas has them.
Old 06-29-2003, 12:38 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Thanks ABM--but the ones I am thinking about were discussed here a while back. Folks were using printable bumper sitckers, I believe, and designing their own caps and crests--very personalized.

Chad
Old 06-29-2003, 08:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I remember that thread-the guy used clear mailing labels for the cresting wraps and printed some really nice designs on them.Sorry,can' t remember who posted or what the process was or the printing software he used.Maybe he' s still around and will re-post the process.
Old 06-29-2003, 10:07 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

That' s it Jim! I know one fellow that contributed has left the site--last I heard he had given up traditional archery completely for one of those things that isn' t a bow [:' (]. I finally rememberd that Tuffcity was the other--I believe he brought it up to begin with--I' ll have to look him up and see if he will come back and give us some pointers.

Chad
Old 06-29-2003, 08:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

My son, reylamb, does them on bumpersticker sheets. He has a broad range of color combos he has develevoped and can personalize just about anything you would want. He has developed labels for just about all of the ACC and a goodly number of the Southeastern Conference schools.

He can be reached at: [email protected]

Bill
Old 06-30-2003, 11:04 PM
Fork Horn

LBR,

They' re pretty straight forward. Just come up with a pattern or graphic using a photo or paint program (I use Photoshop because you can go wild with it). Scale it to about 1 1/4" wide by whatever length you want. You can then print it out on clear labels or bumper sticker vinyl. I did some for my kids arrows on Avery brand clear address label- 1 1/4 X 2 1/2 (?) because you can download templates that work on MS Word. So you end up with a page on your screen that you can essentially fill in the blanks and it prints off a whole series of peel & stick cresting. If you go the full sheet route you can still put multiple labels on it you just have to cut them out. A bed style paper cutter works well for this. I crown dipped some arows in white first, some graphics I applied straight to the wood. With bumpersticker sheets you don' t have to dip first. Once the crest was on I applied an acrylic urethane sealer on top (several coats).

Crests I did on an ink jet printer smeared when I brushed on the sealer, switched to a laser printer & no problems. Might not be an issue if you dip or spray seal.

If you end up with a slight hump where the paper overlaps, it can be trimmed with a razor and a straight edge ( if it bugs ya).

Clear as mud?

RC

give me shout if you run into difficulties.