Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
what I have been building lately >

what I have been building lately

Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

what I have been building lately

Old 05-03-2010, 08:55 PM
Fork Horn

Default what I have been building lately

Red cedar stools and some pine chairs.
Attached Thumbnails what I have been building lately-apr17_001.jpg   what I have been building lately-apr17_002.jpg   what I have been building lately-downsize_2-2-.jpg   what I have been building lately-downsize_2.jpg   what I have been building lately-downsize.jpg  

Old 05-03-2010, 09:00 PM
Fork Horn

Default more pics

More pics of work Seems to be selling pretty good.
Attached Thumbnails what I have been building lately-downsize-2-.jpg   what I have been building lately-apr29_003.jpg  
Old 05-04-2010, 10:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thats a pretty neet
Old 05-04-2010, 12:36 PM
Dominant Buck

Looken good. How about that bow? Im dieing to see some pics.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:47 PM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by burniegoeasily
Looken good. How about that bow? Im dieing to see some pics.

Everybody is shy to show thier bows. Rev, Fieldmouse, Centx.

But pretty cool chairs. Not sure what those pointy things are.

Do you think the chairs will be real solid?

I always wanted to make a table top out of a big piece of walnut, but couldn't figure out how to keep it from cracking

Old 05-05-2010, 07:57 PM
Fork Horn

let it dry as a log naturally and seal it. indoors mine dont seem to crack anymore. Yes they are solid. The pointy things are supposed to be artificial antlers. Tried two different styles and have a third in mind but it will take longer due to compound miters on it.
Old 05-05-2010, 08:23 PM
Fork Horn

Default Sons Bow

Here is my sons Rudder Bows,You finish bamboo Backed Hickory bow. I am not too impressed with string follow on it. He sanded all the roughness off and then he put three coats of danish oil on it. He was disappointed it didnt shine so I put a coat of laquer on it. As far as my bow with the remodel and moving in between I havent had any time to finish it. I am setting up my shop though lol
Attached Thumbnails what I have been building lately-arron-s-bow.jpg   what I have been building lately-arron-s-bow2.jpg   what I have been building lately-arron-s-bow3.jpg  
Old 05-05-2010, 08:26 PM
Fork Horn

Default better pics of pointy chairs LOL

I am going for a whitetail theme. LOL There is also no screws or nails in the design, it is all wood and glue. Will say its much more of a challenge to use dowels instead of screws.
Attached Thumbnails what I have been building lately-chairs.jpg   what I have been building lately-chairs2.jpg   what I have been building lately-chairs3.jpg  
Old 05-06-2010, 05:06 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Centxrecurve
Here is my sons Rudder Bows,You finish bamboo Backed Hickory bow. I am not too impressed with string follow on it. He sanded all the roughness off and then he put three coats of danish oil on it. He was disappointed it didnt shine so I put a coat of laquer on it. As far as my bow with the remodel and moving in between I havent had any time to finish it. I am setting up my shop though lol
Need to put on one of those snazzy red and black strings on it. lol.
Old 05-06-2010, 06:49 AM
bigcountry

If want shine, wipe on poly gloss will give you that. Put 5 coats of that on sanding with 400-600grit in between, and she will shine.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.