Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Longbow or Recurve?

Old 05-26-2010, 06:09 AM
Fork Horn

I've given up on my longbow after two years. I just don't care for the grip and I'm no where as accurate as I am with my two recurves. Time to sell it.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:49 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Longbows vary as much or more than recurves in design, performance, grip, etc. If you put them all in one category and just give up on them all, you are cheating yourself.
Old 05-28-2010, 03:36 AM
Fork Horn

I just shoot recurves much, much better. Recurves feel part of me, longbows don't. Once the longbow is sold, I'll put the money towards a 66" one piece recurve.
Old 05-28-2010, 07:01 PM
Spike

Smile

I've said it before that I always go back to the recurve but........yesterday I picked up my brothers longbow and I was cold too, haven't shot in a few days, I hit exactly what I was looking at every shot.
I think the reason I go back to the recurve is because that's what I started out on[ kinda feel guilty I geuss]. LOL
But for some reason it seems that the majority of the time I can walk out and just start hitting where I'm looking with the longbow. Maybe I'm one of those guys that just naturally do better with a longbow???? With a recurve ,it's like I have to think about it more....kinda hard to explain what I mean.
Old 05-29-2010, 02:02 AM
Typical Buck

I really don't hunt with a bow much any more, but a short recurve was the ticket for me. It is a trade off. The long bow is quieter than a recurve, but it is too hard to move through laurel and thickets with. It does not take a whole lot to quiet a GOOD recurve. I had more problems with deer hearing the arrow coming than hearing the bow.
Old 08-11-2010, 07:01 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Bailsuk
I've only ever shot 1 cheap recurve and own 2 beautifully made custom longbows .... So its longbow for me .
Looks to me like something was missed allright. Maha, do you even shoot a bow? I saw your post about pigs--straight from a book or websight, not from experience--am I correct?

On the x-bow, there's a forum for that--this ain't it.
Old 08-13-2010, 12:52 PM
Typical Buck

I'm just starting out but I chose a long bow because I just found they were more forgiving than the recurves I shot.