HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Traditional Archery (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/traditional-archery-19/)
-   -   Your Crazy! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/traditional-archery/314421-your-crazy.html)

chasenthebigone 01-07-2010 09:43 AM

Your Crazy!

Received my first Recurve to shoot and after 10 years of successful compound hunting... you guys are nuts! All the respect in the world as I can drill them with my fancy peep site and fiber optics. Carbon Express zinging at 290fps.... I can't hit the broad side of a barn with that dang thing! LOL But... I will keep at it and hopefully get better. Again... All the respect in the world for thoes that have been successful using Traditional equipment!

burniegoeasily 01-07-2010 09:55 AM

That is why it is so great. Much more of a challenge. Once you get it down, you will probably have problems going back to a compound.

Kanga 01-07-2010 12:40 PM

Trad is a lot more challanging than a compound.

I suggest getting "Masters of the Bare Bow 3" it has a lot of tips from 2 of the best trad shooters out there.

Stick with it and have proper form and release and you will not only hit the barn but maybe a smaller target such as an out house:biggrin:

Just remember once upon a time we where all in the boat you are now in:happy0157:

LBR 01-07-2010 02:21 PM

Yep--MBB III is a great investment. There's lots of books and videos on the market, most IMO are entertaining but not very useful for instruction. Some have some absolutely stupid "information" in them. Stick to books/videos by folks who have made a name for themselves actually shooting a bow (and have the titles to prove it) and you'll do better. A little bit of good instruction can go a long way.

Chad

BowHuntingFool 01-08-2010 06:48 AM

Sure is fun hitting what you look at, whether its a barn or a tuft of hair! You'll get there and when you do you won't look back! Good luck brother and keep practicing!

chasenthebigone 01-08-2010 07:32 AM

I will be looking up that book and thanks for the encouragment.... Bottom line, I bought it because it sure was a heck of a lot of fun to shoot!

Schultzy 01-08-2010 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by Kanga (Post 3549934)
Just remember once upon a time we where all in the boat you are now in:happy0157:

Right on Russ!!

Give It time Chase and you may surprise yourself with your shooting!! It's a blast and when your having fun shooting It can make getting better that much easier.

Best of luck!!

Kanga 01-08-2010 09:10 AM

I will be looking up that book and thanks for the encouragment.
UMMMMMMMMMM it's not a book:s4:

It's a lot better than a book it's a DVD:barmy:

No worries about the encouragment the more trad shooters the better:lmao:

chasenthebigone 01-18-2010 05:03 PM

haha.... well that is even better.... I am getting better at it by the way. Have a 4 x 4 block in the basement and have not put an arrow into my concrete foundation block yet!

Centxrecurve 01-18-2010 06:16 PM

besides it is to me a more spiritual experience