Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
Shooting Tabs vs. Gloves >

Shooting Tabs vs. Gloves

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Shooting Tabs vs. Gloves

Old 01-25-2002, 09:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Shooting Tabs vs. Gloves

I am starting out in Traditional Archery and was wondering what some experienced shooters use. What would you recommend and why?
Old 01-25-2002, 09:16 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Shooting Tabs vs. Gloves

I get a better release & prolly slightly better accuracy w/a tab, but use both. Tab mostly lately tho.
Old 01-25-2002, 09:42 AM
Spike

I use a tab. I am the worlds worse darn string plucker that there is. Ive tried every glove made on the market and still i pluck, pluck, pluck. The tabs keeps me from plucking so bad. There alot of ppl out there that perfer a glove though...you'll just have to try both and see what ya like best....Jaw
Old 01-25-2002, 10:28 AM
Typical Buck

I use a Latigo tab. Long lasting and smooth release. I used a shooting glove once and didn't like it.
Old 01-25-2002, 10:37 AM

For shooting I prefer a calf hair faced tab, although right now my fingers are sore so I'm shooting a Winn Free Flight release.(and shooting better with it, thank you) For hunting I usually use a Damascus glove. ( more wearing than shooting, less in the way, can wear a glomitt over it in cold weather etc.)
Darrel
Old 01-25-2002, 11:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Glove, hate a tab. I would LOVE to have hard enough calluses to shoot bare fingers, and do about ever practice sessions a few times. You never know when you might need to in the woods.
Old 01-25-2002, 11:30 AM

I hate tabs also. I use a Berlin glove. Costs about $15-16. Some gloves have too much material for my liking. I am a big guy but have very small hands. I buy a medium which when stretched fits, well, like a glove with no extra material to foul things up. Tabs are for sissys. Just kidding.
Old 01-25-2002, 12:07 PM
Fork Horn

When I shot a compound I used a glove but it just doesn't feel right to me with the recurve. Now I use a calfhair tab. When hunting it folds into my palm and I put my gloves on over it. Got to thinking about "What if I can't get the glove off in time for a shot?" so I tried a few shots with my polarfleece glove. It actually worked out pretty well, of course wouldn't want to do that all the time.

Romans 8:28
Old 01-25-2002, 12:13 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

All boils down to personal preference, I belive. Even after you decide on one or the other, then you have to decide which brand or style of those. I believe most target archers use a tab, and it probably makes for a cleaner release, but may be noisier. I use a Damascus glove myself. One thing about gloves--I buy mine a size too small. The leather will stretch with use, and if you get one that fits when new it will be loose before long. A size too small is uncomfortable at first, but stretches to fit perfectly in a short time.

Chad
Old 01-25-2002, 03:04 PM

Good tabs give the fastest releases. I get almost 3 fps faster arrows with a tab than a glove. Those damn ridges always get in the way for me with a glove. I use a tab that Silver Arrow Archery sells that uses sheep skin for the face. The lanolin on the tab makes for a fast release.

Gar

Quick Reply: Shooting Tabs vs. Gloves

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.