Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Anybody Hunting?

Old 10-16-2009, 02:34 AM
Fork Horn

Been three days haven't seen much, blaming it on the full moon and wind. Will be starting a 6 day mts trip this weekend which is typiaclly a good trip. Hope to have some stories when we return..
Old 10-20-2009, 01:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

I'm hunting Oklahoma with Rloving the first of November for nine days, I hope to have a good report then.
Old 10-20-2009, 03:49 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by The Rev
I'm hunting Oklahoma with Rloving the first of November for nine days, I hope to have a good report then.

HOpe so Rev. Do you got anyplace in TX for those monster Whitetails?

Old 10-20-2009, 10:26 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by bigcountry
HOpe so Rev. Do you got anyplace in TX for those monster Whitetails?
He he he. Im not going to say a word Bob.

Hunting not the issue, finding is all together a different story.
Old 10-20-2009, 01:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Rev is what PETA affectionatly refer to as an armed conservationist! he may not be able to report from Okieland...he will be out numbered,me ,my son,my brother...he is so toast!
Old 10-20-2009, 10:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

It's so good to be loved! With friends like Rowel and Kent, all I need is Russ ribbing me too.
Old 10-21-2009, 03:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

We never said we love you...we're just doing our community service by keeping old guys entertained! Your a slower target than a one legged deer.
Old 10-21-2009, 12:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm not having a very good season Mark. On my 3rd sit of the year I screwed up on a very nice buck Monday evening, hit him above the spine I believe. Here's a picture of the buck from a week earlier on one of my mock scrapes that I had a trail cam on. I'm about 95% positive It's this buck. 1st ever deer wounded In 24 years of bow hunting.

Old 10-21-2009, 12:58 PM
bigcountry

Wow, he is a nice deer. Can't believe you still have leaves on your trees. You always get to pull something out. Good luck to you.

Old 10-22-2009, 06:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

My son Josh had a picture perfect opportunity on a fat doe last weekend (15 yards). I saw the shot from behind him in the blind and it looked perfect with a nice thud sound. We started tracking her 3 hours after the hit in heavy snow. We trailed her 3/4 mile, and looked for her all afternoon. Next day came and rained and melted the snow. We found his arrow about ten yards from the impact and he got only 3/4" of penetration. His magnus was bent in half along with a nice bend in his arrow. It was nice to find the arrow which gave the tell tail sign of a shoulder hit. I didn't hear a snap, but just a thud, so I am assuming that he didn't break the shoulder. It must have been at the very back of the shoulder blade cause it sure looked like a good hit to me.

Well he experienced the highest of highs and the lowest of lows all over the course of his first day of hunting.

Last edited by BobCo19-65; 10-22-2009 at 06:10 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.