Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Anybody Hunting?

Old 10-14-2009, 04:20 AM
bigcountry

Default Anybody Hunting?

Trad section is rather dead. No reports? I had another small doe in my sights (no sights that is) on Sat. But not much after that. I really want to take a mature doe or buck. Had a little basket about 30 yards trashing some bushes, but after about 10min, he looked directly at me.

Waiting for the rut. Wanting to take a deer with my IPE/Boo bow I finished in Aug. Having trouble with consistency.

Old 10-14-2009, 05:41 AM
Dominant Buck

That is it. Hunting, not finding. Went hunting earlier and saw a few small bucks, but not a shooter. Was looking for a doe, but did not see a single one. Ill be back at it as soon as I can.
Old 10-14-2009, 06:25 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by burniegoeasily
That is it. Hunting, not finding. Went hunting earlier and saw a few small bucks, but not a shooter. Was looking for a doe, but did not see a single one. Ill be back at it as soon as I can.
Kent, thinking of modifying my handle some kinda like you do. I made the handle too small, and kinda digs in my heel of my hand. I made it about 6", but gave the sight window 2" of it. So effectively, I have only 3" of it for my hand.

Thinking of running it over a planer and reshaping. Kinda like you do when you put that piece of wood at the bottom. Hope you don't mind me stealing your ideas.

But I do believe I did get the shaved head first.

Old 10-14-2009, 09:03 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by bigcountry
Kent, thinking of modifying my handle some kinda like you do. I made the handle too small, and kinda digs in my heel of my hand. I made it about 6", but gave the sight window 2" of it. So effectively, I have only 3" of it for my hand.

Thinking of running it over a planer and reshaping. Kinda like you do when you put that piece of wood at the bottom. Hope you don't mind me stealing your ideas.

But I do believe I did get the shaved head first.
Steal away.

I guess i was a little late on the "shaved head" band waggon. lol.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:59 AM
Spike

My season opens sat. I hope I can show some pictures but I know I will have stories See ya Sat night If I am not asleep getting ready for Sunday.
Old 10-14-2009, 01:04 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Opened Oct 1st here, but I haven't been out yet. Lots of rain, not much scouting, too much work to do inside and outside the shop.....but it's supposed to be in the 30's either Sun. or Mon. night--that's getting me in the mood quick! I think my neck is swelling......

Chad
Old 10-14-2009, 05:05 PM
Fork Horn

I hunted for the first time this year Monday afternoon. Had a smaller doe at 18 paces from the base of my ladder, but didn't shoot. I was hoping there were some more deer following her out of the thicket, and perhaps the buck that rubbed the sapling under my tree stand but to no avail. She never winded or saw me, so my spot wasn't blown that night. I'll defiantly be out this Saturday, and hopefully quite a bit next week. School work has been piling up, so it's a big balance to find time to hunt and get the school work done.
Old 10-14-2009, 05:33 PM
bigcountry

Well, good luck to all who goes out. Be sure to post some pictures.

Old 10-15-2009, 01:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've been hitting it fairly hard! Seeing a few small bucks, nothing that tripped my trigger! Went out the other day and hung my stand, climbed back down and made a couple mock scrapes. About 45 minutes into the hunt here comes a couple young ones the a 2.5 and a 3.5+ yeard old does. They all went back and forth between both scrapes and staring in the direction they came from. A deer was hold up and wouldn't come in. I had these deer at 10 yards for 20 minutes, pretty awesome! I was waiting on the other deer that wouldn't commit! Good times!
Old 10-15-2009, 06:18 PM
Fork Horn

cant hunt till after thanksgiving since I moved and no longer have somewhere to hunt. My brother is bringing me in as guest. I did shoot a possum that was attacking dogs only

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.