Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Hunting

Old 10-05-2009, 06:29 PM
Fork Horn

Default Hunting

Does anyone hunt squirrels with their bow.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

I hunt everything with my bow. I love chasing Squirrels with my Longbow! Too much fun! Get yourself a good blunt head, Hex, Ace works well! I hit one with a Judo the other day, smacked him a good one, he ran off with my arrow in him and went up a tree and my arrow fell out! I couldn't believe it! I'll ONLY you a blunt type head from now on!
Old 10-05-2009, 07:43 PM
Fork Horn

LOL I am trying it when the season opens here. My brothers laghed at me when I told em. I have tried my luck with duck coming off pond. I almost got one last year.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:37 AM
Dominant Buck

Use to hunt squirrel all the time when I was a kid. We use to make blunts out of old 38 casings. It is a lot of fun.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:29 AM
Fork Horn

lol when I get home to try that bow should I use stringer or just step thru. and bend with leg
Old 10-06-2009, 11:57 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Centxrecurve
lol when I get home to try that bow should I use stringer or just step thru. and bend with leg
A stringer is always prefered. I tend to use the push pull methode, but am trying to get out of the habit. Been doing it that way for over 20 years. I made me my first stringer last year and have been trying to make a point to use it. Its just safer for you and the bow.
Old 10-06-2009, 12:28 PM
Fork Horn

what does your stringer look like for the longbow? I cheated on my recurve and used a piece of 1/2 inch webbing and just tied clove hitches on inside of grooves worked great but not sure it's going to work on longbow that way
Old 10-07-2009, 05:36 AM
Fork Horn

what does your stringer look like for the longbow? I cheated on my recurve and used a piece of 1/2 inch webbing and just tied clove hitches on inside of grooves worked great but not sure it's going to work on longbow that way
when i bought the one for the recurve, they had longbow ones too. it looked identical....only longer lol
Old 10-07-2009, 05:43 AM
Dominant Buck

They will pretty much work for any bow. I just braded me some dacron 50 and made me some buffalo leather cups and tied the braided string to the cups. Works like a charm.
Old 10-08-2009, 05:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've shot many squirrels with my recurve, It's pretty exciting stuff!! It has gotten a tad spendy at times though, a few of my old 2216's are still up In a tree I'm thinking.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.