HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Traditional Archery (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/traditional-archery-19/)
-   -   Finally I get back into it (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/traditional-archery/304698-finally-i-get-back-into.html)

live2Draw 09-23-2009 09:10 PM

Finally I get back into it

sorry bout the long post, but there is some buildup

Well, i can honestly say this has been one of the hardest months of my life, Topped with some of the craziest things that i have ever had to deal with. And sometimes, the greatest things happen outta nowhere to remind us that there is always something good out there.
I was driving down the road to my parents today, to see my sisters before they leave (ones moving to NYC and the other to portland within a week of each other) and i Suddenly felt the urge to quit smoking....and drinking and pretty much anything that harms me. I thought, "this is gonna be rough"
When i got there, i hung out with my sisters and their significant others, shot the ol block with my dad to se how he was shootin. Then my uncle shows up.
he had told he he had a recurve for me to shoot, and came walkin out with it in hand. Along with a beautiful leather Quiver, and a mess of assorted arrows.
Jumping forward about 3 hours, my dad looks at me and says "I kinda knew that you would want to do the Traditional thing, so I have had some stuff set aside for you for a long time"
so this is what i aquired today. It turned out to be a great day to give up my vices!!

BobCo19-65 09-24-2009 05:02 AM

Awesome! Are you doing much shooting?

BowHuntingFool 09-24-2009 05:19 AM

Awesome, ya gotta love the K-Mag!

live2Draw 09-24-2009 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by BobCo19-65 (Post 3452078)
Awesome! Are you doing much shooting?

I am gonna shoot every day for a bit, I doubt that I willl get to hunt with it this year, but maybe Next fall, or at the earliest, January. I wanna get it all figured out and dialed in. THe Bear Cedar arrows my dad gave me are amazing. Listening to him talk about how magical it is to shoot them has me all excited!
The k-mag is 45# which i figure is perfect for me getting back into it. not too overkill
i realy am more excited then when i got my new high techy bow. Its great, I feel like the first time i went hunting :happy0157:

burniegoeasily 09-24-2009 09:36 AM

Thats awsome.

Centxrecurve 09-24-2009 10:02 AM

nothing beats traditional. good luck

live2Draw 09-24-2009 10:58 AM

The only thing i need is a Stringer, I hate using the Step over method. Just nerve wracking a bit

Centxrecurve 09-24-2009 01:29 PM

Get you a small rope or flat webbing and tie a clove hitch at each end as close to string grooves as possible and you'll be in business. I use a pull line from some conduit that is about 1/2 wide nylon.

Bailsuk 09-24-2009 01:29 PM

Another one joins the club ;)

live2Draw 09-24-2009 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Centxrecurve (Post 3452665)
Get you a small rope or flat webbing and tie a clove hitch at each end as close to string grooves as possible and you'll be in business. I use a pull line from some conduit that is about 1/2 wide nylon.

can yah show me some pics so i dont screw it up?
I shot for about an hour today. I dont have a problem hitting a 12" circle at 15 yards. And closer than that is golden. I shot at 20 just for Giggles and to see how bad those broadheads planed. Happy to say i hit the target at least :D And those things fly like darts!