Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
Finally I get back into it >

Finally I get back into it

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Finally I get back into it

Old 09-23-2009, 09:10 PM
Fork Horn

Default Finally I get back into it

sorry bout the long post, but there is some buildup

Well, i can honestly say this has been one of the hardest months of my life, Topped with some of the craziest things that i have ever had to deal with. And sometimes, the greatest things happen outta nowhere to remind us that there is always something good out there.
I was driving down the road to my parents today, to see my sisters before they leave (ones moving to NYC and the other to portland within a week of each other) and i Suddenly felt the urge to quit smoking....and drinking and pretty much anything that harms me. I thought, "this is gonna be rough"
When i got there, i hung out with my sisters and their significant others, shot the ol block with my dad to se how he was shootin. Then my uncle shows up.
he had told he he had a recurve for me to shoot, and came walkin out with it in hand. Along with a beautiful leather Quiver, and a mess of assorted arrows.
Jumping forward about 3 hours, my dad looks at me and says "I kinda knew that you would want to do the Traditional thing, so I have had some stuff set aside for you for a long time"
so this is what i aquired today. It turned out to be a great day to give up my vices!!

Old 09-24-2009, 05:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Awesome! Are you doing much shooting?
Old 09-24-2009, 05:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

Awesome, ya gotta love the K-Mag!
Old 09-24-2009, 06:19 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by BobCo19-65
Awesome! Are you doing much shooting?
I am gonna shoot every day for a bit, I doubt that I willl get to hunt with it this year, but maybe Next fall, or at the earliest, January. I wanna get it all figured out and dialed in. THe Bear Cedar arrows my dad gave me are amazing. Listening to him talk about how magical it is to shoot them has me all excited!
The k-mag is 45# which i figure is perfect for me getting back into it. not too overkill
i realy am more excited then when i got my new high techy bow. Its great, I feel like the first time i went hunting
Old 09-24-2009, 09:36 AM
Dominant Buck

Thats awsome.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:02 AM
Fork Horn

nothing beats traditional. good luck
Old 09-24-2009, 10:58 AM
Fork Horn

The only thing i need is a Stringer, I hate using the Step over method. Just nerve wracking a bit
Old 09-24-2009, 01:29 PM
Fork Horn

Get you a small rope or flat webbing and tie a clove hitch at each end as close to string grooves as possible and you'll be in business. I use a pull line from some conduit that is about 1/2 wide nylon.
Old 09-24-2009, 01:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Another one joins the club
Old 09-24-2009, 04:12 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Centxrecurve
Get you a small rope or flat webbing and tie a clove hitch at each end as close to string grooves as possible and you'll be in business. I use a pull line from some conduit that is about 1/2 wide nylon.
can yah show me some pics so i dont screw it up?
I shot for about an hour today. I dont have a problem hitting a 12" circle at 15 yards. And closer than that is golden. I shot at 20 just for Giggles and to see how bad those broadheads planed. Happy to say i hit the target at least And those things fly like darts!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.