Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
The be-all answer to spine questions? >

The be-all answer to spine questions?

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

The be-all answer to spine questions?

Old 09-10-2009, 05:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default The be-all answer to spine questions?

http://www.heilakka.com/stumiller/

This is a VERY cool *dynamic* spine calculator (Excel based) that should help folks get very close to optimum spines, I'd think. I know that in years past when I shot trad, I often had issues with finding proper dynamic spine for Carbon shafts and even wood shafts for the bows I was shooting at the time-way too much trial and error for my tastes.

After some tinkering with values on this program , I now see just how off some of my choices were back then (not to mention how off the folks who helped me get into trad shooting were as well)

Anyway, may be of some use to folks
Old 09-10-2009, 06:05 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by JeffB
http://www.heilakka.com/stumiller/

This is a VERY cool *dynamic* spine calculator (Excel based) that should help folks get very close to optimum spines, I'd think. I know that in years past when I shot trad, I often had issues with finding proper dynamic spine for Carbon shafts and even wood shafts for the bows I was shooting at the time-way too much trial and error for my tastes.

After some tinkering with values on this program , I now see just how off some of my choices were back then (not to mention how off the folks who helped me get into trad shooting were as well)

Anyway, may be of some use to folks
Wow, its actually pretty close. Thanks

Old 09-10-2009, 10:36 AM
Typical Buck

This would help answer my question that I just posted, but i don't have a scale to weigh everything on my arrow. How do I get around this?
Old 09-10-2009, 02:27 PM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by MILLERTIME10
This would help answer my question that I just posted, but i don't have a scale to weigh everything on my arrow. How do I get around this?
If using aluminums, just look up the mfg wieght.

Old 09-21-2009, 04:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

I also agree. This is a pretty good calculator.