HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Traditional Archery (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/traditional-archery-19/)
-   -   Yarra first blood (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/traditional-archery/297021-yarra-first-blood.html)

Kanga 07-01-2009 06:07 PM

Yarra first blood

The first blood on the Yarra goes to Steve (Shultz)

He just sent me this pic via text message.

burniegoeasily 07-01-2009 10:04 PM

RE: Yarra first blood

Excellent. ;)

bigcountry 07-02-2009 04:28 AM

That is pretty cool. Looks like I am up next. Hmm, july. What can I kill?

Kanga 07-02-2009 06:14 AM

I know Steve is out of town at his Dad's place so I guess when he gets home he will do some sort of story on the rabbit hunt:)

Mark.

Dont matter if you kill anything or not this time around as I will keep it going till everyone gets a chance to take something with her.

Hopefully next go round Joe will sign her:D

LBR 07-02-2009 12:50 PM

Cool! Rabbits are one of my favorite critters to bowhunt.

Chad

Kosherboy 07-03-2009 01:00 PM

Is that a Rabbit or a marsh hare ?

dogboy900 07-03-2009 06:00 PM

Looks like a hare to me but anyway. Way to go Shultzy!

Bailsuk 07-04-2009 08:28 AM

Top shot Steve , nice shooting fella :D

Schultzy 07-05-2009 03:30 PM

ORIGINAL: Kosherboy

Is that a Rabbit or a marsh hare ?
It's a Snowshoe Rabbit everyone. White In the winter and gray In the summer months (northern part of the country there located).

Schultzy 07-05-2009 03:42 PM

I know Steve is out of town at his Dad's place so I guess when he gets home he will do some sort of story on the rabbit hunt:)
The story-

Dad had 3 different rabbits giving his garden hell this summer and I told him I plan on bringing Russ's longbow on up so we could do some shooting with It and hopefully kill something. No big game animal seasons being open so we opted for some small game. I took 2 previous shots before I finally nailed this one. My 1st 2 shots were damn close misses, we both actually thought I went right through the rabbits but It wasn't the case when we found the arrow.

The 3rd shot finally did one of the rabbits In. 18 yards standing perfectly broadside right behind my dads front pickup tire on his truck. I looked at dad before I shot and he says "don't you dare even try that shot"!! I told dad that I won't miss, I felt damn confident. I concentrated damn hard and drilled him perfect exactly where I was looking.

For the next 3 days not one rabbit came In the yard. I was hoping like heck dad could get a crack at one as well and see what he thought of the Yarra. He never did shoot the bow but he did comment on how smooth the bow was to draw back.

Nice longbow Russ was the message I was suppose to tell you from pops!!!