Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 Bails goes Trad with a Kanga >

Bails goes Trad with a Kanga

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Bails goes Trad with a Kanga

Old 05-04-2009, 04:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bails goes Trad with a Kanga

I do have the Masters of the Barebow 3
Didn't Russ advise you to get the DVD and got it for you off Ebay

Dave.

Like I said on the other forum I have shot cock feather out and in and could not tell the difference with arrow flight, I have never tried cock feather up.

Also in my other response dont worry too much at this stage about tuning get your form and release down first, the fiddlie stuff can and will come later.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Cheers Russ , good advise their . I do tend sneak into thinkin about the shot and not my form , i'll try shooting less arrows and also place them further away like you said on the other
Old 05-05-2009, 05:54 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

I do have the Masters of the Barebow 3 and have watched it 4 times already ,........
Excellent--I don't think you will go wrong there. I'm going to try andbreak down my form and re-build it with MBB III. Good form will allow you to get away with a lot.

How do i know if i have a form issue or a tuning issue ? , i can put three arrows in a 4" group and then the next 2 or 3 may go wide or high .
Until you get your form established, it's really hard to tell, but since you can get 3 grouped I'd say it's form. Unless you have an arrow that's odd or damaged, if you shoot the same way every time the arrows will go to the same place every time.

Also where do you place the cock vane up , 90 degree out or 90 degree in to the shelf ? . i'm using 3 x 4" shield cut .
I shoot cock feather out, some shoot with it in, I can't tell a difference. I've also shot 90 degree4-fletch, which eliminates all that--it's the same no matter which way you turn your arrow.

Chad
Old 05-05-2009, 09:07 AM
Dominant Buck

That bow sure did come out sharp. Russ did an excellent job. I really like it. I think Russ has got this bow thing down to a T. I love the limbs.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Burnie ' i'll post some more pictures of the bow this week along with the card Russ sent me . yYou are right tho , she sure does look sharp . The weather here is crappy at the mo , so as soon as it clears i'll take some more pics

Chad
I never thought i'd learn anything from the DVD , BUT I WAS WRONG . They not only make it look easy , it really go into detail of ever aspect of the stance , grip , draw anchor and release . I'd recommend the MBB3 dvd to anybody looking to go Trad .
Old 05-05-2009, 10:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Dave.

We had some crap weather here on Saturday.

I went to McDonalds Saturday night when a big storm came through, lightening hit a Cedar tree in the parking lot about 50ft from my truck[:@]

The tree went up in flames.

Sunday turned out to be a good day tho it was overcast but no storms.

We are sposed to get storms again tonight then heat back up into the 90's Thurs/Friday with more storms for the weekend[:@]
Old 05-05-2009, 11:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Gee's , take care in them storms . Its quite rare for us to have storms , but they do a lot of damage when they come ( not on the scale you guys get though ) . Come on nice weather , where are you [8D] .
Old 05-06-2009, 08:38 AM

Dave, you got a sweet rig there man.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Guys , lastnight it all seemed to come together at 3am . I took my bow to work and while things were quiet i set-up a 10 yrd range under the cover of the mill and i put a great group together , thinkin it was a fluke i tried again and everything felt right the draw , the anchor , the release , i put 3 arrows together and on the 4th i knew i released wrong , so i took the arrow out and drilled it right next to the others . I took pictures , but my bluetooth is playin upon the pc , i'll upload as soon as possible . I knew as soon as i drew the bow where them arrows were gonna end up , i even shot 2 arrows on one knee and hit the button . As soon as i did that i put the bow away before i started missing .
If i think about the shot i get it wrong , where as lastnight i did not think about it , it came naturally .
Old 05-06-2009, 01:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Way to go mate.

Quick Reply: Bails goes Trad with a Kanga

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.