Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 I gave my recurve a make over. >

I gave my recurve a make over.

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

I gave my recurve a make over.

Old 04-05-2009, 10:03 AM

Default RE: I gave my recurve a make over.

Good job!! Now the limb wrap is that a glue on sticker basically, or is it like a sleeve you just pull over the limb??
Old 04-05-2009, 01:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Redneck Bowhunter

Good job!! Now the limb wrap is that a glue on sticker basically, or is it like a sleeve you just pull over the limb??
It's pretty much just a sticker. A hefty sticker at that! I was out stump shooting with It yesterday and no where did I see It peeling away on the limb. The only place I've seen It give some Is where the string groves are on the limb tip but I pretty much expected that. So far so good I think!
Old 04-06-2009, 08:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

that looks good
Old 04-11-2009, 09:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

You did some nice work Steve.
Old 04-12-2009, 04:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks killzone and Centaur!! Everything Is pretty much done other then finding a bow quiver for the bow. I ordered a Selway bolt on from Cabelas and couldn't stand how It attached to the bow so I sent It back, feathers were way to close as well which was a no go In my book. I was on the 3 Rivers website checking out some quivers and saw a bolt on made by Great Northern. I called 3 Rivers and talked with one of there "recurve experts" and he told me It's a good sturdy quiver. I hope It's better then the other one or this one will be sent back as well. I'm one of those guys that's gotta have a quiver on the bow, I feel naked shooting without one. When It shows up Monday or Tuesday I'll let you all know If I like this one, I better like this one, this Is getting old trying to find a decent quiver.

Happy Easter everyone!!
Old 04-18-2009, 05:04 AM
Spike

Very Good Job!! Looks great!.....but... I'm wondering what you found regarding the 12# loss in draw weight?, that's a serious loss, more than a splinter would cause and an indication of aterminal internal problem, I have a bow that lost 11#'s over the winter as it hung on the wall of my shop.... it will never be shot again.
Old 04-18-2009, 06:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Voodoo

Very Good Job!! Looks great!.....but... I'm wondering what you found regarding the 12# loss in draw weight?, that's a serious loss, more than a splinter would cause and an indication of aterminal internal problem, I have a bow that lost 11#'s over the winter as it hung on the wall of my shop.... it will never be shot again.
I figured the splinters didn't have anything thing to do with the loss In weight. I'm sure It's my top limb that's loosing It's strength. Every so often I have to twist It back so It's days are numbered no doubt. When I pull It back now the top limb has a small twist when pulled back, I was bummed to see that but didn't notice It until a buddy said something the other day when we were stump shooting. This summer I'll be buying another T/D recurve regardless of how my recurve now turns out. Here It Is with the new quiver, the quiver Is awesome so far. Very sturdy!!