HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Traditional Archery (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/traditional-archery-19/)
-   -   Back or side quiver? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/traditional-archery/29084-back-side-quiver.html)

Rem. 222 04-25-2003 06:54 PM

Back or side quiver?

I' m looking for a quiver to use for 3-D shoots. Which style is preferred? This 3-D stuff is new to me. Also suggestions on different brands are welcome. If anyone has a used one they would be willing to part with I might be interested.
Thanks

Rem. 222

LBR 04-25-2003 07:10 PM

RE: Back or side quiver?

I love the look of a back quiver, but for me, it' s not practical for 3-D. Too hot, arrows fall out when it' s my turn to pull, and not comfortable for a lot of walking and sweating. I prefer light, cool, and practical.

Chad

Rem. 222 04-25-2003 07:45 PM

Chad,
Thanks for the reply. Do you have a recommendation on side quivers?
Also I' m going to need some more strings in the near future, are your prices still the same?

Rem. 222

LBR 04-25-2003 07:51 PM

I' ve used several different ones--the cheap ones from Wal-Mart to the ones made for compounds to a couple of different leather ones. I like the looks of my leather ones, but they all pretty much worth the same.

Yep, strings are the same. I' m a little slower this time of year though--shooting 3-D of course (out of state).

Chad

GarMan 04-25-2003 09:13 PM

No quiver needed at a 3-d shoot. 4 Arrows in you back pocket. Light, cool, and if you forget it.. you have bigger problems to worry about!!

The Grey Ghost 04-25-2003 09:46 PM

Hi Rem.222,

I prefer a " side quiver" for 3D. Actually, mine is a kids golf bag bought for $1.00 from Salvation Army. Its 24-1/2" tall, holds two dozen arrows. Has a 7" X 5" mesh pocket on the outside and a zip up 14-1/2" X 6" pocket under that. The inside of the quiver is divided into two area' s. Picked up a woven leather belt, that I ran though its handle and just hang it over my shoulder/neck. Works like a charm. Try it, you' ll lie it. (grin)

gg

Lilhunter 04-26-2003 01:30 AM

love my back quivers for 3d' s. Use the side quiver (chief) for hunting but its not really great for 3d' s constant in and out arrow pulling. Just my prefernce. Course I dont 3d shoot in 100 degree weather and ya need some protection from those hand side mosquitos number in the millions lol

Arthur P 04-26-2003 07:03 AM

You guys carry more than one arrow for a round of 3D??!??!?[:o][>:][&:]:D

I like the hip pocket quivers myself. Back quivers are too hot in the summer and the herniated discs in my lumbar spine sometimes can' t stand the pressure of a belt for a hip quiver. When I do use a hip quiver, it' s a field style quiver (Neet 500 actually). I' ve got one of those big, 3 tube tournament quivers, but that' s just too much tonnage to tote around all day.

JimPic 04-26-2003 02:16 PM

I use a hip quiver by Neet.Has a pocket for my stringer,armguard and tab and sits nice on the hip.It' ll hold about a dozen arrows.

Tuffcity 04-27-2003 10:41 AM

I prefer a single arrow quiver on my bows with a 1/2 dozen pointy sticks in a back quiver. That way I' m not flailing about trying to put an arrow in or out of the back quiver after each shot. Just slip it back into the single quiver.

The back quiver I use is made from heavy cotton and when you lean over it trys to conform to your back and holds the arrows in.

RC