Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 Sad realization while stump shoot'n (pics) >

Sad realization while stump shoot'n (pics)

Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Sad realization while stump shoot'n (pics)

Old 02-25-2009, 12:00 PM
Fork Horn

Default Sad realization while stump shoot'n (pics)

Well my wife got me a Wool Longhunter Shirt from Ron La Clair for my birthday. So, I thought it would be a perfect day to go out and do some stump'n and looking for sheds.

As I was walking the creek and woods close to it I realized I wasn't stump shooting I was debris shooting.

I did shoot one stump just for the name of the game though.

There is so much junk that has accumulated along the creek it really upset me. Then I came upon this.

The antlers were cut off and the rest left to the critters.

I hate wanton waste, not to mention what the children that play in those woods think when they see this.

All in all though I had a good time out in the woods. It was a beautiful day and I was shooting good too.
Old 02-25-2009, 12:32 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: Sad realization while stump shoot'n (pics)

That is rather aggitating. Rivers carry off everyone's garbage. But the good news is your getting some good shooting done. And finally someone has posted in the trad forum.

I hate to say it, but I have became rather jaded over garbage. Growing up in WV, and Ky, you get used to folks dumping loads of it over a hill.

All these farms we lease on the Eastern Shore of VA, all have large garbage dumps. I guess back in the day, they sectioned off a big chunk just to dump.

Old 02-25-2009, 12:44 PM
Dominant Buck

Wow, thats a mess. I wish we had some decent stumps here in West Texas. The only stumps we got are hard as a rock. Or are just that, rocks.
Old 02-25-2009, 12:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

How do you like the Longhunter shirt?? I was thinking about picking one of those up! Oh yeah.... nice shooting!
Old 02-25-2009, 01:11 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: BowHuntingFool

How do you like the Longhunter shirt?? I was thinking about picking one of those up! Oh yeah.... nice shooting!
I like the shirt very much, it's warm for sure. My wife got it for me for my B-Day. I asked for the brown but I didn't want to hurt her feelings. The striped works for me too.

Thanks, I did have fun shooting today.
Old 02-25-2009, 01:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sweet present! I like the brown one also but no looking at the one your wearing its not half bad either! Maybe I'll pick up one of each!
Old 02-26-2009, 06:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

VA, I'd prefer to think some hunter made a shot, couldn't recover the deer for whatever reason and kept looking, only to find him two or more days later, and took the rack as a reminder and left the decaying body for the rest of God's creatures
Old 02-26-2009, 05:07 PM
Fork Horn

If it was shot and lost (it happens, I've had it happen) then it was shot on a county easment where no hunting is legal. It would have died right beside a pedestrian trail with it's vertabrae seperated at the shoulders from the rest of the carcass. It's back was completely broken. Another possible senario is it was dumped after the kill.
Old 02-27-2009, 06:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

I like the pattern of the shirt a lot in the woods. Maybe it was a blessing in disguise.

Even with a broken back, it's tough to tell exactly what happened when the deer is in that condition.

Nice shooting though! Did you carry that crap out of the woods?
Old 02-27-2009, 07:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thats alot of garbage.....

its annoying when people trash public property.i dont even like throwing Cigar/ette butts on the ground in my woods.....ive went throu all 110 acres and picked up every bit of trash.....glad to say its trash free as far as i know.

When your walking throu the wood it just messes it all up when you look over and see a soda bottle on the ground and a grocery sack in a tree.

from my hometown:

check this out...
http://www.livinglandsandwaters.org/
Chad is the man. he started with a boat....now its a bigoperation.

Quick Reply: Sad realization while stump shoot'n (pics)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.