Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 Top 3 recurves and why? >

Top 3 recurves and why?

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Top 3 recurves and why?

Old 02-17-2009, 07:48 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Top 3 recurves and why?

If it's a "can't go wrong" bow, there's no need to worry about resale--you won't ever want to sell it. No such bow.

A used BW has a good resale value (if you didn't pay too much to begin with), but with a new one you'll loose the same percentage as you will with most any other new bow.

Chad
Old 02-17-2009, 10:18 PM
Banned

I didn't say it was a perfect fit, I said it was can't go wrong because it'll shoot, it'll shoot well, it'll hold its value and has great craftsmanship.

You are a closetBW user aren't you? Don't be ashamed, many people are

BTW I sold my Adcocks, my Silvertip ...... all my bows except my Zipper.

I wish I'd have kept a Silvertip I had in my possesssion once .... about the only bow I ever regret NOT keeping .......
Old 02-18-2009, 04:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

To answer the original question, ask three people get three different answers.

You have to find the one that works well for you. If you are new to trad, I sure wouldn't worry about getting the "best".

Like Chad said though, there is not a magical bow out there can everyone can shoot robinhoods with.
Old 02-18-2009, 05:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

Zipper - they fit my smaller hands
You know what they say about small hands!![8D]
Old 02-18-2009, 06:54 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Shooting well, great craftsmanship, and holding it's value (that one has exceptions) isn't the definition of "can't go wrong". If you "can't go wrong", then there's no way to loose, there's no chance you will wasted any time or money. That's simply not the case, with ANY bow.

You buy one new, don't like it, decide to sell it. Expect to loose 25-35% of what you paid.

Buy it used, you have no warranty (that is according to the BW warranty listed in the catalog). That's not a slam, just a fact, and it's common for warranties to be non-transferrable. Something goes wrong (it can happen with any bow), you loose ALL of what you paid.

Buy it used, get a good deal, decide to sell. Even if you get the same as you paid, you are still out time and shipping costs.

Any of these can happen with ANY bow--therefore there is no such thing as a "can't go wrong" bow.

Am I a closet Widow shooter? Lol--no. I've owned a couple, and shot more than I can remember. The recurves are very well made and good shooters. Heavier than I care for, but that's just me--I'm not a recurve shooter anyway. I've shot a few of the longbows, and honestly just wasn't impressed--very average--not what I expected from BW.

'Course that's just my opinion--that, and a $5 billwill get you a cup of coffee in some places.

I do know that the bow is only a small part of the equation. A good archer can take any decent bow and shoot it well. The myth of the "magic bow" helps keep the archery economy flowing though.

Chad
Old 02-18-2009, 03:28 PM
Banned

You know what they say about small hands!!
yes I DO know - and its mighty fine to be honest

if I ever have a custom bow built again I'm going to have "can't go wrong" put on the limbs !
Old 02-18-2009, 04:00 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

if I ever have a custom bow built again I'm going to have "can't go wrong" put on the limbs !
How will you explain that to the buyer when you sell it?

That just proves my point again--you'll find any brand for sale "used"--therefore someone lost time and money--someone"went wrong"with that bow.

'Course there's always the rare exception--O.L. Adcock bows were that exception, for a little while--you could sell one used for more than they cost new--but you still had to wait a long time, that didn't last very long, and obviously they weren't "the" bow for everyone who bought one. Those who paid out the nose for one just because they were hard to get for a little while lost, IMO.

Admit it--you hate it when I'm right.

Chad
Old 02-19-2009, 04:28 AM
Banned

How will you explain that to the buyer when you sell it?
I have small hands, I know how to overcome adversity
Old 02-19-2009, 05:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

'Course there's always the rare exception--O.L. Adcock bows were that exception, for a little while--you could sell one used for more than they cost new--but you still had to wait a long time, that didn't last very long, and obviously they weren't "the" bow for everyone who bought one. Those who paid out the nose for one just because they were hard to get for a little while lost, IMO.
You are right about that. I could have sold mine for double what I paid for it. Sometimes I wish I did. - Not to say that it isn't a great bow.
Old 02-20-2009, 03:01 PM
Typical Buck

Cheap bows are like fat chicks and mopeds.They'll get you by.

Quick Reply: Top 3 recurves and why?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.