Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Ya'll Decide

Old 11-18-2008, 07:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ya'll Decide

ORIGINAL: Kanga

ORIGINAL: burniegoeasily

ORIGINAL: RLoving1

Do I need to load the two of you up and take you to the ranch for some green osage?We have some good oak and alot of osage standing...you cut you haul program! We have one black walnut stump about 36" diameter and 8' long...but you ain't getting that one!
Lets set a date. Im there.
Me too but I will have to get Kent to keep you busy while I get a 40" lenght of that Black Walnut
Oklahoma has standards...they see you crossing the river they will tar and feather all of us! They find out Kent went to Tech(providing they beat OU) the two of you are on your own! My family has enough problems up therewithout being associated with the likes of ya'll!Your green card ain't got no stroke up there peewee.We'll have to see about making a run up there and get you two some kindling!
Old 11-18-2008, 07:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Your green card
What green card I ain't got no stinkin green card

I snuck in while they wasn't lookin[8D]
Old 11-19-2008, 07:10 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Kanga

ORIGINAL: burniegoeasily

Do I need to load the two of you up and take you to the ranch for some green osage?We have some good oak and alot of osage standing...you cut you haul program! We have one black walnut stump about 36" diameter and 8' long...but you ain't getting that one!
Lets set a date. Im there.
Me too but I will have to get Kent to keep you busy while I get a 40" lenght of that Black Walnut
Oklahoma has standards...they see you crossing the river they will tar and feather all of us! They find out Kent went to Tech(providing they beat OU) the two of you are on your own! My family has enough problems up therewithout being associated with the likes of ya'll!Your green card ain't got no stroke up there peewee.We'll have to see about making a run up there and get you two some kindling!
You got something there. I did refuse a full scholarship offer from them back in the late 80s. And to make matters worse, I own the O.U. indoor high jump record. Took it from one of their own. They might not like me. Like the old saying goes, Jokem if they cant take a @#$%
Old 11-19-2008, 09:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bet I could get a bounty on you Burnie...they would give me cash to take Russ back with me!
Old 11-19-2008, 10:28 AM
Dominant Buck

Bet I could get a bounty on you Burnie...they would give me cash to take Russ back with me!
Its always nice to be worth something.
Old 11-19-2008, 01:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Please allow me an ignorant question... You have the glass, the pretty wood lams... where's the boo flooring go?
Old 11-19-2008, 02:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

where's the boo flooring go?
I was thinking maybe the bathroom but then again it might look better in the laundry.

I dont use Boo flooring.

I do use Action Boo which on a 1 piece bow has 2 layers in the center between the layers of pretty wood lams.

But the TD's only use 1 layer of Boo between the pretty wood layers
Old 11-19-2008, 03:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

So, glass, pretty wood lam, boo lam, boo lam pretty wood lam, glass? How thick are the lams?

I thought action boo was another name for boo flooring?

Old 11-19-2008, 03:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

The glass is .040, the thickness of theBoo and pretty woodcan vary depending on desired draw weight and lenght.

Take for instance the TD has 2 tapers 1 @ .130 and the reverse taper @ .120 with the Boo being .070 and glass @ .040 this is for a desired draw weight of 55lb @ 28" the actual DW I ended up with was 54lb @ 28" so I got it close

Of course the thickness of the tapers is at the butt end with a .001" taperper running inch

Edit.

I forgot to mention that the lenght of the bow GtG will also effect the thickness of the tapers, the longer the GtG is, the thicker the butt end of the taper. The shorter the GtG is the thinnerbutt thickness will be.

There is that now as clear as mud