Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 I've gotta figure out something different >

I've gotta figure out something different

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

I've gotta figure out something different

Old 10-09-2008, 06:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default I've gotta figure out something different

Got home from work today and as quickly as I good, took my climber and set it up in a great ambush spot for Saturday morning. 10 yards from the trail I know they're going to be traveling. I climbed up, screwed in what needed to be screwed in so that I'd know how high to go in the total dark, then climbed down and sneaked out.

Got back to the house to practice a little and finally thought to put on my ASAT 3D suit to shoot in. Oh crap! That's not going to work! No matter what I do, the string is catching the suit at my left shoulder. I really don't want to cut the 3D material off of any area of the suit.I've been racking my brain, andI've even considered stealing a pair of my wife's pantyhose, cutting off one of the legs and sliding it up to my shoulder. It's just the idea of pantyhose being involved in any way with my hunt that's keeping me from going that route. Any other suggestions?
Old 10-09-2008, 08:36 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: I've gotta figure out something different

You can use a big arm guard. hose is a good idea. A chest plate will help also.

Old 10-09-2008, 10:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: LittleChief

Got back to the house to practice a little and finally thought to put on my ASAT 3D suit to shoot in. Oh crap! That's not going to work! No matter what I do, the string is catching the suit at my left shoulder. I really don't want to cut the 3D material off of any area of the suit.I've been racking my brain, andI've even considered stealing a pair of my wife's pantyhose, cutting off one of the legs and sliding it up to my shoulder. It's just the idea of pantyhose being involved in any way with my hunt that's keeping me from going that route. Any other suggestions?
Lmao on the panty hose thing!! You crack me up Chief!!

If the panty hose thing works, go for It! I won't tell no one, I promise!![8D]

I guess I've never had a problem with this before, sorry I'm no assistance to ya!
Old 10-10-2008, 04:41 AM
Banned

I wear panties when I hunt ....... whats the big deal ?
Old 10-10-2008, 05:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hey LC if it works do it! I've worn panty hose under my waders and pants when duck hunting. They kept me nice and warm. and I know other guys that use them for the same thing. Now if ya start wearing them to town on Saturday night......well, that might be a problem![8D]
Old 10-10-2008, 06:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

ORIGINAL: LittleChief

Lmao on the panty hose thing!! You crack me up Chief!!

If the panty hose thing works, go for It! I won't tell no one, I promise!![8D]

I guess I've never had a problem with this before, sorry I'm no assistance to ya!
Suuuure you won't, Schultzy! If I ever made it to one of the HNI get togethers, that's probably all I'd hear about!
Old 10-10-2008, 06:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: txjourneyman

Hey LC if it works do it! I've worn panty hose under my waders and pants when duck hunting. They kept me nice and warm. and I know other guys that use them for the same thing.
Well, at least if I did this, I'd only be wearing them on my leftarm.

Now if ya start wearing them to town on Saturday night......well, that might be a problem![8D]
What? Fishnet hose and spike heels is a bad thing?

Actually, I'll probably just abandon the 3-D suit for the trad hunt. That seems to be the least amount of trouble. Besides, it's not you guys who'd be giving me a hard time for using hose for hunting - it's my wife. She was a Senior Chief Engineman (diesel mechanic) in the Navy, and she'd never let me live it down.[:@]
Old 10-10-2008, 07:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm having a hard time visualizing how the string is hitting your left shoulder. I also have an ASAT 3D leafy suit (which is phenomenal) and have never had a problem hitting that area, it's pretty far away from the string's path.

Perhaps it points to a form issue? Can you try rotating your left elbow out away from the bow at full draw?

However, if you you're shooting good, I'd just leave the suit at home this close to the hunt. Work on form later.
Old 10-10-2008, 08:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

I understand. If I wear something baggy I catch my string although I would describe it as more like extra material from the armpit area.
Old 10-10-2008, 08:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Actually, I'll probably just abandon the 3-D suit for the trad hunt. That seems to be the least amount of trouble. Besides, it's not you guys who'd be giving me a hard time for using hose for hunting - it's my wife. She was a Senior Chief Engineman (diesel mechanic) in the Navy, and she'd never let me live it down.
Impressive Chief!!

Quick Reply: I've gotta figure out something different

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.