Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 Do you use Scent Blocker or Scent Loc >

Do you use Scent Blocker or Scent Loc

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Do you use Scent Blocker or Scent Loc

Old 09-06-2008, 10:00 AM
Fork Horn

Default Do you use Scent Blocker or Scent Loc

I think Scent Blocker and Scent-Loc are the best thing to come down the pike.
I posted this on another traditional forum. What do you people think? If you posted on that forum please indicate that you have done so.
Old 09-06-2008, 10:19 AM
bigcountry

Default RE: Do you use Scent Blocker or Scent Loc

I never used it. All my friends do. I love the idea. And believe it probably works ok. Problem is cost vs. usability. I think you would lose its effect after 1 maybe 2 years of hard hunting.

I also believe most of the scent comes from your hair, head, and breath. These things are hard to control.

when I was younger, I wouldn't use any scent control. I do notice a difference now and then. I do the regular scent free bath, and wash my cloths in scent free things. But the problem for me, is I usually have to walk 1/2 mile or more to hunt. And with a climber, your going to sweat.

Old 09-06-2008, 10:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

You know there is a lot to be said for hunting the wind but I will take any little advantage I can get and if usedcorrectly they can be a useful tool. It is part of my regimen as of the last couple years...
Old 09-06-2008, 11:14 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

I never used it. All my friends do. I love the idea. And believe it probably works ok. Problem is cost vs. usability. I think you would lose its effect after 1 maybe 2 years of hard hunting.

I also believe most of the scent comes from your hair, head, and breath. These things are hard to control.

when I was younger, I wouldn't use any scent control. I do notice a difference now and then. I do the regular scent free bath, and wash my cloths in scent free things. But the problem for me, is I usually have to walk 1/2 mile or more to hunt. And with a climber, your going to sweat.
I do the shower thing and wear a jersey sweat suit that's been wash with non-scent soap to my stand then change out of it at the stand, stuff it in a large zip lock bag and put on my Scent Blocker. That way I'm not sweating on my way to the stand and saturating my suit. Hunting the wind is very important as every hunter should know but I hunt Quantico Marine Base, mostly on the mainside. It's like hunting urban deer, there's housing, schools, shopping and consruction going on constantly. The place is over run with deer and they walk upwind, downwind and sideways. You never really know which way they might come so I'll take all the help I can.

Old 09-06-2008, 11:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Never used it and most likely won't
Old 09-06-2008, 12:31 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Never tried it myself--I'm reallynot sold on how effective it is. I figure it helps--if nothing else, we seem to do better if we think we have an advantage.

Read an article on carbon some time ago, and if the guy was legit (no reason to believe he wasn't), carbon has a point where it won't absorb any more (usually reached by the time the stuff hits the racks at the store)and the heat required to re-activate it would destroy any clothing short of asbestos.

One of the advertisements really irks me too--"Forget the wind!". My butt--obviously whoever came up with that has never hunted whitetails in MS.

I'm liable to try it one of these days, but for now I can't see me putting out the funds for it.

Chad

Old 09-06-2008, 03:49 PM
Typical Buck

The stuff may or may not work, I really don't know, but I just can't see myself spending the money on it when I've had good success without it.
Old 09-06-2008, 04:37 PM
Dominant Buck

Never. Wash my cloths in baking soada, store them in a rubbermade container with a fresh earth wafer, use a scent neutralizer, wear rubber boots, and play the wind. I have had friends use it and they say they see no difference. If you are winded, you will be busted. My thoughts; Most of our stink comes from our mouth. Until you can cover that up, the only way to prevent getting busted is play the wind.
Old 09-07-2008, 03:26 PM

How about Gum o flage then for your mouth Burnie? Have you tried that? Ive never used it or the carbon suits.
Old 09-07-2008, 11:01 PM
Fork Horn

well, I am a guy who likes to try things. I have used the scent loc clothes with mixed results. Considering the money, I still believe that playing the wind and using common sense and baking soda works great too. Don't believe the add's where you can hunt straight in line with the deer's nose and not worry about it, unless that animal had there nose in an onion blossom. I do find that the "Dead down wind" wash does work and believe it to be a great product. Last year, I washed my wool in it at first of season and didn't wash them till toward the end.

Quick Reply: Do you use Scent Blocker or Scent Loc

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.