HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Traditional Archery (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/traditional-archery-19/)
-   -   Cheap, smooth recurve????? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/traditional-archery/25358-cheap-smooth-recurve.html)

CT Bowhunter 03-05-2003 06:19 AM

Cheap, smooth recurve?????

Ok see that LBR and TroynOH the recurve experts are on. What would be a good cheap stump shooting recurve for a longbow man to own? Rumor has it that my Crusader is now visible on the horizon. Need something to pass the time. Would like to put one in my longbow stable to just have fun with.

lamb1647 03-05-2003 08:01 AM

RE: Cheap, smooth recurve?????

Chek-Mate Falcon with standard wood choices are arond $200.00.

Bill

Troy n Oh 03-05-2003 08:30 AM

I would have to second the falcon. I have 2 and they are nice bows just not fancy. I have a 53#er that rarely gets shot(love my 56" bows to much) and a 55#er that I bought to bow fish with. They are smooth and shoot quite nice.

GEREP 03-05-2003 09:36 AM

ditto on the Falcon

I have 2 also, and if you want a fancy one, Marc will build it.

KPC

mlj64 03-05-2003 12:39 PM

I have to second the Falcon choice being promoted. I have a Deluxe that shoots like a dream. This has now become a wall hanger since I got my Saders. These have become my everyday, everything bows.

Mark

IrishLad32 03-05-2003 12:45 PM

You might be able to pick up one of the old bears or pearsons off ebay for $100 or less. If you' re just gettin something to shoot ' till your Crusader arrives then they would fit the bill. Lots of them floatin around in the 45-50# range. Kohonnah makes a long bow for $350 I believe it is if you want a cheaper (price) custom. It has a pretty short wait too I think. I haven' t shot one myself, but I' ve heard good things about them.

Brandan

subsonic 03-05-2003 03:15 PM

Elk Ridge Archery makes a good recurve for $300. It is a great deal for a custom bow. One of the smoothest I have ever used.

JoseD 03-07-2003 10:00 AM

I would also recommend the Falcon. I own a Falcon Special, smooth to draw, hard hitting and just a great bow to hunt with. I killed a nice little doe with it and carbon
arrows last October. I' m going to take it out this spring to see if we can kill a whistle pig or two and if I' m really lucky a turkey. I like my Falcon recurve so much it probably won' t be a surprise if I ended up buying a second one or a maybe a 58" Hunter recurve in the future.

JRW 03-07-2003 12:28 PM

If you' re looking for a used bow, it' s hard to beat eBay. Many GOOD bows can be had for under $100.00.

JRW

Troy n Oh 03-08-2003 08:27 PM

Hey CT how is the recurve search going, having any luck. I am looking to buy me a lab at the moment but might opt for another bow.Anyways give us a update