Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 Cheap, smooth recurve????? >

Cheap, smooth recurve?????

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Cheap, smooth recurve?????

Old 03-08-2003, 09:48 PM

Default RE: Cheap, smooth recurve?????

Are you left or right handed CT? I have a Left handed Martin Hunter that may fill the bill. Like new condition too.
Old 03-09-2003, 09:33 AM

Bow update...... Well I went from looking for a recurve to see what all the fuss was about to owning 2.

Was talking to a guy that had a Gharing, static recurve 60" , 46# @ 28" or 54# @ 30" (my draw) Bubinga riser bamboo limbs. A nice bow for what I wanted. Well I got it Friday. Had the wrong string so I happened to have a string and set it up to shoot Saturday. I was shooting in the backyard as that big yellow thing in the sky was actually visible Got a fire call. I' m a volunteer fireman. Set the bow down and went off to the call. My wife, not thinking let the 3 labs out into the yard. I got home in about 15 minutes (false alarm) and what do I see my female lab chewing on the bow like chew toy. About 24 to 30 teeth marks, and ruined the string. I spent an hour with somw fine steel wool to knock down the teeth marks. Lucky for the dog the bow still shoots. My wife said that she' s never seen me so mad and snuck out of the house and went to her mom' s. Lucky the boys were at friends. Troy you almost could have had a free lab. Then while I was working on the bow a friend called who has been trying to sell me his Sovereign Ballistik for about 3 months. I told him he wanted too much and it was a recurve He called and said he wanted to trade his bow for a rod and reel I had. Well got the Ballistik for a rod and reel I didn' t need (paid $75) and $50. So I' m out to the backyard this morning, no dogs! I' ll tell you how they shoot later.
Old 03-09-2003, 09:39 AM

By the way already talked to Chad about making me some new strings
Old 03-10-2003, 12:43 AM

Glad to know you found what you were looking for CT. Blessings!
Old 03-10-2003, 01:59 PM

Well the Ballistick shot very smooth but it was 67# @ 30" , a little more than I like. The Gharing is very sweet shooting, 54# @ 30" . It' s a keeper. After posting about the weight, TroynOH contacted me and bang, he' s the proud owner of the Ballistick. It' s in his preferred weight range and he was looking for a bow like it without the wait and high cost. Well I shipped it off this afternoon, so if can hold on for a day or two, he' ll have a new bow. At least it' s going to a hard core recurve man. It was wasted in these longbow hands. Still not convinced to switch.